Reset all data and settings to a clean instal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset all data and settings to a clean instal

I would like to start over with my NT8 platform. I have tried uninstalling and re-instaling (even deleted the NT8 folder in program files, and also tried renaming to OLD before reinstalling) However all of my presets settings drawings etc come back with my new instal. Is there any way I can clean slate everything?

Hello fratoro,
    Thank you for the question.

All of the settings that make a NinjaTrader platform unique are going to be saved within the Documents folder > NinjaTrader 8 by default.
    • If you renamed this folder to "NinjaTrader 8 Old" reinstalling the platform should have resulted in a completely fresh installation with no files from the previous one
    • Do you have One Drive, Drop Box, or another cloud-based application backing up the NinjaTrader platform on this computer or another computer that is signed into the same backup service?
      • It could be possible that a backup software is causing the old files to reappear even though you are renaming things.

Here are the full steps that should result in a fresh installation of the NinjaTrader 8 platform without any prior settings.
    • Close all running applications.
    • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
    • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i have followed these steps. after a new install, NT8 opens up with all my custom chat settings and workplaces. i want to have this all back to default.

Comment

Hello fratoro,
        Thank you for the update.

As a note, we suggest Renaming the files instead of Deleting them because if you Delete them, they are gone forever. If you Rename the files, you are able to change the name back and use the original file again if you ever need it.
        • The platform looks for a very specific file/folder name like "NinjaTrader 8"
        • So, the moment we change the name to "NinjaTrader 8 any words here" the platform no longer sees those files/folders
        • Reinstalling NinjaTrader at that point would result in the platform not seeing the old mis-named NinjaTrader 8 folder and would create a completely new "NinjaTrader 8" folder

If you followed the steps above, it should have resulted in a completely fresh installation of NinjaTrader.
        • The Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder holds all of the Workspace, Templates, and other unique files.
        • Please ensure you are renaming the This PC > Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder
        Please go to the Windows Control Panel and Uninstall NinjaTrader
        • Go to the Documents folder > NinjaTrader 8, right-click on the folder and rename it to "NinjaTrader 8 Old"
        • Now, drag the entire "NinjaTrader 8 Old" folder over to the Desktop
        • Leave the "NinjaTrader 8 Backup" folder as it is unrelated
        • Make sure that you do not see a "NinjaTrader 8" folder anywhere within the Documents folder
        • Restart your computer
        • Double-check that there is still not a "NinjaTrader 8" folder within the Documents folder
          • If it is there again, please let us know
        If the NinjaTrader 8 folder is no longer showing within the This PC > Documents folder, reinstall NinjaTrader 8 and you should have a fresh installation of NinjaTrader 8.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, NT is locking up every time that I try to access indicators

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the steps below to send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what is occurring. Please be sure to reference this Forum post and send them to ATTN: Dennis.
            • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the subject ATTN: Dennis.
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
            Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.​
            Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post hazylizard  
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            2 responses