Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator to plot trading sessions open/close times

Hi,

I'm looking for an indicator I can use to automatically plot the open and close times of trading sessions. For example, open and close of Tokyo session, open and close of London session, open and close of US session, etc. Ideally, the indicator would simply draw a vertical line, with date/time and a text label attached to the line for each session open or close time. Being able to set the line properties would be helpful (color, style, width, etc.).

Is there anything already out there?

Thanks!

Hi, the most similar to your needs than I know is "TimeZoneColors" Indicator:

This colors 3 different time zones. It allows for timezones that cross date boundaries and shows overlapping timezones by merging the 2 time zone colors. It also display the name of the timezone or names of overlapping time zones. It is an update of the ColoredTimeRegions indicator. For more apps from this user, check out […]

or "VerticalLineAtTime"
    https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/vertical-line-at-time-2/

Try it!

Comment

Hello ralett,

Thank you for your post.

Also, there are the Sessioncolors and the Repeater indicators from the publicly available User App Share.

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
      1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
      2. From the Control Center window select the menu tools> import> Import NinjaScript
      3. Select the downloaded .zip file
      4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
      • Right-click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
        Hello ralett,

Thank you for your post.

Also, there are the Sessioncolors and the Repeater indicators from the publicly available User App Share.

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
        1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
        2. From the Control Center window select the menu tools> import> Import NinjaScript
        3. Select the downloaded .zip file
        4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
        • Right-click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
        timezone colors wont let me run two different instances...... any ideas what i can do that would allow me to run two diff instances so i can have more than 3 zones shaded. I have also tried to use this one but it does not work with ninja trader 8. It would be nice to get it to work. https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...sessioncolors/

Comment

Hello,
          Thank you for the note.

That is a NinjaTrader 7 indicator and won't work on NinjaTrader 8.
          You can try searching for another indicator on the https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Oxana View Post
            Hello,
            Thank you for the note.

That is a NinjaTrader 7 indicator and won't work on NinjaTrader 8.
            You can try searching for another indicator on the https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ezonecolors-2/ this is ninja 8. However, it limits me to 3 shaded zones, I would like 6 different shaded time zones and I tried running two different instances, and it will only show one instance on the chart. Any ideas what i can do to color shade more zones?

Comment

Repeater allows 10 zones (more if you edit the script)

Comment

Hello sashol3,

Thank you for the message.

Unfortunately, we do not have any further documentation or information on the add-ons from the User App Share site as those are 3rd party add-ons. You could reach out to the developers of those add-ons directly for further information and suggestions on how to add more zones.

As brucerobinson suggests, you could also edit the NinjaScript Strategy to work as you desire.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
                Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DynamicTest  
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes