Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol Mapping

Hello,

I want to add an instrument (stock) that is not in the NT Database, at least not under that name that I want to add.
    My "connectivity provider" is not listed.

1. Why is a symbol map always required ? My stock price data provider knows the stock "ABCDE" and will deliver data. So why map it ?
    2. How can I add a symbol if my "connectivity provider" is not listed ?

And could you tell me how many US stocks are in the NT database already ? Is it stored locally and updated from time to time automatically ?
    Last edited by Derjan; 12-06-2021, 02:04 PM.

There are hundreds of stocks in the NinjaTrader database by default and it is typically possible to create a custom instrument if it's not already in the NinjaTrader database.

Who are you connecting to for data? Is that provider listed here? https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Comment

No it is not listed. Under "Connections" it is also not under "Available", but under "Configured". It's some german provider.

Comment

Btw. "hundreds of stocks" seems a rather small amount. S&P500 itself has 500...I would expect thousands of...
        Which symbol/name uses NT to

a) get data from the data provider
        b) to send an order to the broker ?

Comment

It will be difficult to support you from a technical perspective without knowing who your data provider is. If I understand correctly, you have already established this connection within NinjaTrader? Or have you not done that yet? What is the actual name of your data provider? Please provide a link to their website.

Comment

The data connection works already. See https://www.lp-software.de/partner/NinjaTrader.aspx
            Only my quesiton remains: How can I add a symbol if my "connectivity provider" is not listed ?

Comment

This type of connection would be considered the same as an add-on indicator or strategy. Please reach out to that developer for more information on how to add symbols that would work with their add-on.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post funk10101  
              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
              11 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jeronymite