Volume Profile for RTH and ETH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Profile for RTH and ETH

I'm trying to plot Orderflow Volume Profile separately for day session and night session for futures. Can you let me know how to achieve it?

Hello ark321,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. The time frames that will be seen on the charts is controlled by the Trading Hours template.

You may view what session template is in use on the chart by right clicking > Data Series > Data Section > Trading hours Template. When "< Use instrument settings>" is selected, NinjaTrader uses the hours that are defined in the instrument itself.

To view what hours the Trading Hours Template refer to, go to Tools > Trading Hours. Use the left menu to view the template and its corresponding hours.

Please see the below section of our help guide for more on Trading Hours Templates.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...urs_window.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      I am having similar problem. NT8 version: 8.1.1.7
      I setup trading hours with multiple sessions, like so:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-26 122812.png
Views:	191
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1274929
      I set to use it for my instrument (Micro ES).
      I have OrderFlow Volume Profile indicator set to use sessions:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-26 123008.png
Views:	164
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1274930

And profile is only generated for the whole day, not divided into two.
      Tried restarting NT, and did not help.
      What am I doing wrong or missing?

Thank you!

Comment

nvm. figured it out. Had to create two Volume Profile indicators, and set each to RTH and Overnight hours. Now it plots correctly.

Comment

To plot the Order flow Volume Profile separately for the day and night sessions in the future, you can utilize NinjaTrader's customization options. First, ensure you have data for both THE (Regular Trading Hours) and THE (Extended Trading Hours). Then, set up separate Volume Profile indicators for each session using the platform's settings. This way, you'll have a clear visual representation of trading activity during different times.
          Regarding Ethereum, if you're looking to monitor your balance on the Ethereum blockchain, you can use an Ethereum scan tool. Simply visit the website mentioned in your post, follow the instructions, and you'll be able to check your Ethereum balance with ease.
          Last edited by AunkerSlave; 02-15-2024, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Hi Ninjatrader, I've set a custom trading hour template to, so I could see the breakline of every session.

1# Unfortunately I only see the eod session breakline is visible. *EDIT: SOLVED: after restarting ninjatrader, my template was gone and after recreating session lines appeared.

2# Also I would like to have the regular ES trading session and the overnight + weekend session separated. When trying to add the weekend session from friday 16:00 - monday 08:30 I get an error. I dont want the friday session to end later and the monday session to start earlier cause it's outside regular.

What am I missing ?
            Click image for larger version  Name:	session1.png Views:	0 Size:	14.6 KB ID:	1291247
            Click image for larger version  Name:	session2.png Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	1291248
            Last edited by Creamers; 02-14-2024, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Hello,

This would not be possible with one template, you would need to create an overnight template just capturing the overnight hours. You cannot have multiple start or end times on the same day within one template.
              Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Jon17
              by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM