Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can't enable strategy (doesn't turn green)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't enable strategy (doesn't turn green)

I'm using NT8 (v25) with IB TWS. The application threw some errors earlier today and now I'm unable to turn on most of my strategies. When I click on the strategy, nothing happens, doesn't turn green as it should be, and no entries in the Log either. Some of the strategies do turn on, and I can't find any rhyme and reason what breaks some strategies. I'd appreciate some tips what to try. I tried to reinstall, even switched to a newer version of TWS, but didn't help.

Thanks,
    Miklos

Hello mic414,
    Thank you for the note.

When connecting to an Interactive Brokers account within NinjaTrader, you will need to use the version of Trader Workstation that is specified within the Connection Guide to ensure the platforms will function as expected together :
    You mention that there were errors previously:
    • What were those errors in relation to?
      • Did the error messages mention anything that could be related to the NinjaScripts?
    • Do you have screenshots of the error messages so we could see them as well?

In regard to the NinjaScript Strategies in use, did you create them yourself or get them from a 3rd party developer or vendor?
    • If you created these NinjaScript Strategies yourself, please let us know.
    • You could try removing the NinjaScript Strategies and then adding them back into the platform to see if that resolves the behavior
    • If you ever experience unwanted/unexpected behaviors with a 3rd party NinjaScript Strategy, you will want to begin by reaching out to the developers.
      • Since they created the NinjaScript, they would have documentation on how it is set up, works, and why specific behaviors may be happening

For us to give a more informed response, we would need to look at your Log and Trace files to see if there are any indications of why this behavior may be happening. If you would like further information, please use the steps below to send us your log and trace files so we may look into this matter further.
    • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
    • Input your Email address
    • Enter the Subject as: Clayton ATTN 3389210
    • Attach any screenshots that could help demonstrate the behavior
    • Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
    • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
    • Send the email
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM