Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exit but not exit

Hi
    I'm coding bot through strategies builder. My bot show it got out of a trade on chart but the money still moving. And its still in play.. what's going on here..
    here I attached pictures
    Attached Files

Hello SuperDude123,

Thank you for your note.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

When you say the "money still moving" do you mean the PnL in the Chart Trader? On the Strategies tab?

I will need to take a look at your log and trace files. Rather than post those in the forums, as they may contain personally identifiable information, please send these in directly through the platform:

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3390939 ATTN Kate W. Also, please include a link to this post in the body of the email.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello SuperDude123,

Thank you for your files.

I've been able to determine that this occurred because the strategy was disabled and then re-enabled while the strategy was running.

This is because you have the strategy's start behavior set to Wait Until Flat. Wait until flat assumes your account is in a flat position and waits for the next time the strategy would get to a flat position before submitting orders. Your account was still in a short position when the strategy was restarted. So what occurred is the strategy is assuming the account is flat even though it isn't, so it waited until the next time it calculated it would be flat and would have submitted the next order live, which would cause the strategy and account to be out of sync.

If you are sure your account and strategy will be in the same position when the strategy is started and that position is a flat position, you should use wait until flat. If your account is in a long or short position, and you're sure the strategy will also calculate it would be in that same position, you should use Immediately Submit instead, as that will pick the position up immediately and start managing the trade again from there.

If you're unsure whether your account and strategy would be in the correct position, you can use Immediately Submit, Synchronize account which will send an order to bring your account and strategy positions into sync with each other if they are not already.

Please see further explanations of the various start behavior options in our help guide here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._positions.htm

I've also replied back to your email with this same information.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

You mean like if my other strategy still running it won't sell?
        so if I have 3 strategies that are in play, it won't sell

Comment

Hello SuperDude123,

Thank you for your reply.

It does not have anything to do with the other strategies that you're running on other accounts. It is occurring because you are using the start behavior of Wait Until Flat after disabling and re-enabling the strategy as I've outlined above and also in my last email to you.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes