Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Forex data from Dedicated Data Provider VS Broker ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex data from Dedicated Data Provider VS Broker ??

Hope any members or Mods can address this...

Are there any differences at all between the data that providers such as IQFeed provide in comparison to Brokers such as Forex.com?

I just downloaded NT8 and connected with IQfeed @ $38 for spot forex data, everything went too smooth. I did so because OANDA no longer allows use of NT8 for new accounts and would be using there MT4 for trade execution. But really giving some serious thought to using Forex.com even
    though they only have a 30 day sim trading period because you can use NT8.

Is anyone using Forex.com with NT8 for order execution? Are there any limitations / restrictions in order entry in the free version vs license NT8?

Thanks!

Chapa
    Last edited by ChapaStyle; 12-10-2021, 12:18 AM.

Hello ChapaStyle,

Thank you for your post.

You can use the NinjaTrader platform to trade spot forex by opening an account with Forex.com. This will give you a one-platform solution for both market analytics and order execution, so you do not need to switch between multiple platforms.

Connecting to an account with Forex.com will also provide real-time & historical data that you can use within NinjaTrader. This means you will not need to pay an additional subscription fee for your forex data. This will also ensure that you are using the exact same price quotes for both analysis and order execution. This is particularly important with the spot forex market because there is no centralized exchange and there may be slight differences in the quotes between different data feed.

If you are a US resident, then you can use the following link to start the application for an account with Forex.com:Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Yes, good point about the slight quote variations, Will definitely take Forex.com for a spin after 3 weeks or even do an additional month to run both feeds and compare.

Thanks Christopher!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes