Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can I have multiple connections to two different funded trading accounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I have multiple connections to two different funded trading accounts?

I was looking to sign up for funding evaluation accounts from two different websites that offer those and use rithmic data.
    Could I have both connected so I could switch between them quickly to make trades simultaneously?

All evaluation services use a Rithmic-based data feed. It's not possible to have two Rithmic-based data feeds connected simultaneously, however, it would be possible to have both configured in NinjaTrader and connect to them one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      All evaluation services use a Rithmic-based data feed. It's not possible to have two Rithmic-based data feeds connected simultaneously, however, it would be possible to have both configured in NinjaTrader and connect to them one at a time.
      Thanks so I should setup another NinjaTrader client with the other connection? Like on a separate computer, essentially?

Comment

You cannot run two instances of NinjaTrader on the same PC.

You could run NinjaTrader on two PCs. That would allow you to connect to one evaluation service on one PC and the other evaluation service on the other PC.

Comment

Hello Partick,
          Does it mean that I can simultaneously operate two different accounts (different evaluation services or funded accounts, in this case from Earn2trade and Willyckoff), if I use two different computers? Both accounts would have a different license key, so I would assume that there should be no issue if I operate both at the same time from different computers. Please advise. Thanks for your help.

Comment

sergy81,

Separate installations of the platform on separate PC's would have independent connections from each other. Provided the account connections and license keys were different. these two connections should not affect one another.
            Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi. I'm also looking to apply for multiple funded trader evaluation programs. So, as I understand, you cannot have multiple Rithmic instances running on the same PC, it has to be a different PC. However, if I set Rithmic/Ninjatrader up on a virtual machine on my PC(Hyper-V), will it work as a separate instance just like on a different PC? Also, will I need a separate Ninjatrader license for using it on a virtual machine?

Comment

d3b4s1s,

A virtual machine would qualify as a separate installation of the platform on a different PC. This means the connections would not affect one another but separate keys would be required if being used simultaneously.

Comment

Hi guys. my question is as follows: I have a personal account with NT and recently signed up for TopStep trader. So can I use one computer and switch to different license keys?

Comment

ScalperSpecltr,

Thank you for posting.

It would be possible to switch between multiple license keys to use different connections. To do so, one would need to disconnect in the software and then change the license key under Help -> License Key.

Some keys may be able to access multiple account types simultaneously, however. You can find out more by reaching out to our Licensing Team directly at PlatformSales [at] NinjaTrader (dot) com.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                      why is this not allowed to have multiple rithmic connections simultaneously under a multibroker license?

Comment

Originally posted by yeahdudeman View Post
                        why is this not allowed to have multiple rithmic connections simultaneously under a multibroker license?
                        Because the Multi-Broker license is not about broker accounts,
                        it's about broker technologies.

All Rithmic based prop firms use the same broker technology adapter,
                        which is represented by the Connection type known as 'Rithmic for
                        NinjaTrader Brokerage'.

Here's the catch:
                        Each adapter is only allowed to make one connection at a time.

Now, why is that?
                        Probably legacy, who knows ... but that's the way it is.
                        Or, more precisely, that's the way it still is, circa 2023.

Could a single Rithmic adapter be designed to allow multiple
                        connections, to multiple different Rithmic brokerage accounts,
                        like Apex AND Leeloo AND Bulenox AND ... etc etc ...
                        All simultaneously?

Probably.
                        Rithmic would have to support it, as in, provide an API that allowed
                        for that to happen. And NinjaTrader would have to devote resources
                        to employ this API in their code, probably redesign parts of the
                        product, and then market this feature, oh, and explain why Rithmic
                        connections allow it but TDA connections don't ... it's a major
                        decision, a major departure from established behavior.

So, as a purely technical matter, could it be done? Absolutely.

Ultimately, it's a product decision made by the most senior mgmt
                        folks at NinjaTrader -- and their answer to updating/changing how
                        the connection adapters work (or updating a single adapter, such
                        as the Rithmic adapter only, and make it the sole exception to the
                        one connection per adapter rule) has been a solid 'No' for a very
                        long time.

-=o=-

Still, funnily enough, it is possible.
                        Read my posting here.

All NT mgmt would have to do is resurrect the deprecated
                        'Rithmic' adapter, then the two different adapters called
                        'Rithmic' and 'Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage' could
                        co-exist together and connect simultaneously.
                        Last edited by bltdavid; 04-16-2023, 07:43 AM.

Comment

What is meant by the term 'broker technology'?

Let's discuss.

-=o=-

Well, I hit the max character limit for a posting.
                          (In case you didn't know, it's 10,000 characters.)

To continue reading, please see attached.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by bltdavid; 04-17-2023, 03:27 PM. Reason: add more info -- woah, now I'm almost 1,500 over limit

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
                            NinjaTrader does not sell data, so the data feed you get
                            when you open a NinjaTrader Brokerage account comes
                            from somebody else. That someone else is Continuum,
                            but they get their data from a different company, which is
                            called CQG, which gets its data from the various exchanges.
                            It's even fuzzier because I think Continuum's parent company
                            is CQG. But I digress.
                            This is where that all began, to facilitate AMP: https://www.cqg.com/sites/default/fi...essRelease.pdf
                            Bruce DeVault
                            QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello yeahdudeman,

Thanks for your note.

bltdavid is correct. All Rithmic based prop firms use the same broker technology adapter, which is represented by the Connection type known as 'Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage'. Each adapter is only allowed to make one connection at a time.

​Please let me know if you have further questions.
                              Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes