Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT crashed while download data at startup of IBG connection

Hi,
    I was starting NT as usual on Sundays. I use the latest NT version with the recommende IB Gateway version.
    NT started to download data as it always does at the startup of the connection with IBG. During that download it crashed with the following message in the trace file:

2021-12-12 17:26:39:083 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2021-12-12 17:26:39:083 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2021-12-12 17:26:39:095 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptBase.<>c.<TickR eplayOrUpdate>b__185_0(Bars b)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
    at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptBase.TickReplay OrUpdate()
    at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptBase.SetState(S tate state)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.MarketAnalyzer.MarketAnalyzerGrid. <>c__DisplayClass227_1.<HandleBarsBackNow>b__3(O bj ect o)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

The strange thing is that there is no 6A 03-21 in the workspace. I have the latest 6A 03-22 in the workspace. There is something wired going on.
    Maybe someone wants to have a look at it.
    Thanks

I just saw that you do not only download the last two days of historic data but also the whole history of a chart. I have a 6A chart which goes back 720 days. This explains the download of 6A 03-21.
    But the question still remains: Why did NT crash and why are you downloading historic data so far back.
    I have following options in the market data section:
    Get data from server: false
    Record live data as historic: true
    Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. It may be there is a chart or 6A instrument open in another open workspace. So we may best assist, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Include ticket number 3394075 in the body of the email.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
      Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
      Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
      Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post sarafuenonly123  
      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
      0 responses