Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspaces opening

Hello

why don't workspaces reopen automatically when i restart NT(8.0.25.0 64-bit) even though they were open when i closed it?

TY

Hello max1ci6,

I'm not sure why this does not work for you at this point. Do workspaces show a green or grey icon at Control Center-->Workspaces after the restart?

Please note that you can only display 1 workspace on your monitor(s) at a time - this is the workspace with a green icon in front. If a grey icon shows, the workspace is opened in the background. You don't see its charts and other windows, but it will use PC resources.

I suggest to try restoring your workspaces from an older save using the 'Restore workspace' feature:

Complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
    1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
    2. Select "Restore workspace"
    3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
    4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
    5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover. You'll want to select a file larger than 1kb from the available options.
    Below I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our help guide:Ensure to always exit NinjaTrader by selecting the X at the top right of the Control Center. DO NOT right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar and select Close as Windows could close the charts/etc before asking to save your workspace, resulting in a blank workspace.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello

thanks for answering , the only workspace reopening is the one i closed NT from , the other ones are closed (no gray icon) and i need to reopen them manually . I always close NT from the X at the top right of the Control Center , choosing save all workspaces or saving them singularly makes no difference after the closing procedure ask me ....
      Restoring is not the problem . i think , because the workspaces are there , just they don't reopen after a restart of NT.

Comment

Can you please open all workspaces you want open at Control Center-->Workspaces. Left click a workspace to open it. 1 workspaces will have a green icon, the others a grey icon. Subsequently restart NinjaTrader and check if the same workspaces show a green and grey icon.

Comment

A new Feature was introduced which is selected by Default which prevents Ninja starting with more than one Workspace open (this is because if it becomes ‘overwhelmed’ try to load & process it results in lock up & requires terminating).
          You can deselect this option, then it will open in whatever state you Saved on Exit.
          Sounds like you don’t have a problem launching with several workspaces opening concurrently, you’re just getting tripped up by this new enforcement.
          Or maybe nothing to do with it :-0

Comment

Thanks brucerobinson. Please make sure 'Reopen all previously open workspaces at startup' is enabled at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->General.

Comment

Thank you both
              Selecting the option in the General Tab made the trick .

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred