Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart gets displaced automatically. Upper right white arrow. Odd bug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart gets displaced automatically. Upper right white arrow. Odd bug.

I have the following charts: 7 days 1min rth chart of nq vs es with a 50sma and 200sma, 15 days 15min "use instrument settings" ah chart of nq vs es, 100day 15min rth nq vs es. All candle charts.

Every time I hover over the 15min "use instrument settings chart, the 1min rth chart gets displaced to the right so that the white arrow pointing to the right appear on the upper right corner.

Any ideas as to why this is happening??

Hello rc5781,

Thank you for your post.

I'd be happy to test and figure out what may be occurring. So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • So that I may rebuild your workspace, how many charts total do you have open? (Does the 'nq vs es' in your description mean that you have 2 of each chart, one for ES and one for NQ?)
    Additionally, please provide a step-by-step process for how I can reliably reproduce the problem. Unfortunately, from your description, I'm having a hard time understanding the issue that you are experiencing and want to make sure that I am able to test this behavior.

Lastly, please provide a screenshot of the 'displaced' chart so that I may better understand the undesired effect that occurs.

To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to your response and to further assisting with this issue.

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Version 8.0.25.0 64-bit
      nq and es on same chart. 3 charts total. Order of charts on task bar 1min rth, 15min ah, 15min rth.
      To recreate, minimize all charts. Now maximize 15 min ah and simply hover over it so crosshair cursor appears. Now maximize 1min rth and it should be displaced to right with white arrow to right in upper right hand corner.

Comment

Hello rc5781,

Thank you for your reply.

I see that you are using the 'Global Cross Hair' option on your charts. The Global Cross Hair has a time scrolling function. If it's enabled on both your 15 Minute chart and your 1 Minute chart, what you are noticing is the time scrolling. The 1 Minute chart is scrolling backward to the point in the time that your cross hair was hovering over on your 15 Minute chart. To stop this behavior, you will want to switch to the 'Global (No time scroll)' option so that the chart does not automatically scroll. I've attached an image of this setting's location on the chart so that you can change it, should you so choose.

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That was it. Thanks! It's always something so simple.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post chbruno