Collapse

NT8 spontaneously changes the settings of the selected account in Chart trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 spontaneously changes the settings of the selected account in Chart trader

How come NT8 spontaneously changes the settings of the selected account in Chart trader????

Hello emuns,

Thank you for choosing NinjaTrader.

For your inquiry, to change the Default account, please follow below:
    • Within the Control Center, go to 'Tools'
    • Then select 'Options'
    • Next, go to the 'Automated Trading Interface' category menu
    • You will see under 'Genera' on the right side where it says 'Default account'
    • Changing this then pressing 'Ok' will apply this
    Below I have added the appropriate Help Guide link:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ptions_ati.htm
    Please let me know if I may help you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NInjaTrader_MaxH View Post
      Hello emuns,

Thank you for choosing NinjaTrader.

For your inquiry, to change the Default account, please follow below:
      • Within the Control Center, go to 'Tools'
      • Then select 'Options'
      Hello MaxH,

Thanks for the reply, but it seems to be a misunderstanding. I am referring to the following situation:
      I open NT8, connect to the data source and my account at my broker. I select this account in ChartTrader and hide ChartTrader. Later I execute a discretionary trade, but to my unpleasant surprise (and I am very polite) it is executed on a simulated account???!!!

Comment

Hello emuns,

Thank you for you reply.

For your inquiry, please make sure that in each order entry window you are using that the certain account you want to trade with is selected. When you say you hide the Chart Trader, are you putting it in 'Hidden' mode then right click order from the chart?

Is it possible to screenshot what you are experiencing?
        • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
        I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hello Max,

Oh, I see, so if I set something on a given chart, but then open a new chart on the same tab, where I don't do anything with Chart Trader and its settings are Chart Trader off!, it will change the settings in the original chart to the simulated account automatically and without my knowledge. So I have an open profit of 160 points on NQ per contract, but on a sim account!!! Which moron thought of this?

Comment

Hello Max,

Yesterday I preferred not to write here anymore, because I was filled with emotions, I would have been rude and probably I would have been banned from the internet...

But now seriously! NT development should either prevent the possibility to arbitrarily redo ChartTrader settings when adding a new chart to the same tabs. Or at least display a dialog when such a change occurs. NT displays various dialogs (e.g. if I change the account settings in ChartTrader from Sim to Live without first unchecking Global Simulation Mode, a dialog is displayed), this is de facto a similar situation only in reverse. And I point out that in ChartTrader you make the change consciously, whereas this is done without your knowledge!!! All the more reason to make the above change. I know that I can also set the display of the account name on individual tabs, which of course I have, but you are tracking ten thousand other things within a trading day, so checking this item is easily forgotten. In short, such an important change can't just happen without the user being informed!

In the end, the result was a gain of 270 points per contract, unfortunately only on the sim... I don't suppose NT would like to reimburse me for the lost profit

Comment

Hello emuns,

Thank you for your note.

For your inquiry, while I can understand your frustration, this is a direct result of not confirming the Account Default Settings in your platform, additionally you may have enabled Global simulation mode which will result in the platform being started in Simulation mode each time the platform is open.

Please verify the account in the order entry window you are using is correct before placing a trade.

Please let me know if I may help you any further.

Comment

Hello Max,

what do you mean by "... this is a direct result of not confirming the Account Default Settings in your platform"??? I have Global simulation mode set, but that has nothing to do with the problem I'm describing here!

I'll describe here the procedure that led to the situation for the sake of argument:
                I open NT8 (with Global simulation mode set) > connect to my data provider > connect to my broker account > uncheck Global simulation mode in ControlCenter - Tools > select my live account in ChartTrader - Account and hide ChartTrader (to save space). Everything is set up correctly for live trading, except... later I want to test an idea, so I open a new chart on the same tabs, at that point the account settings in ChartTrader change from live account to simulated account. If I don't look at the tab of that chart when I return to the original chart, I don't see that this change has taken place. Are you saying that such a change will not take place if I make some settings in NT? If so, what should I set?

Comment

Hello emuns,

Thank you for your post.

That is correct. You will have to set the default account from the steps I have previously listed and change to your Live account.
                  • Then select 'Options'

Comment

Hello Max,

I have made this change in the settings, but unfortunately this does not affect the problem I described (even after restarting NT) !?

Comment

Hello emuns,

I would like to schedule a support call with you - I just need a few things from you before our call. Please respond via email to [email protected] with 'ATTN Max 3408671' as the subject.
                      • A phone number where you can be reached
                      • A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone). Our regular support hours are 8:30am to 6pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday
                      • Shortly before our call, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer). There are 2 ways you can do this:

I look forward to our support call.

Comment

Hello Max,

I'm dealing with some problems with my PC right now, and I don't know if I'll be able to solve them today. I don't know if you're working tomorrow, if not, we'll leave it for next week. I will let you know. Thanks a lot.

emuns

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Christopher_R  
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        166 responses
                        0 likes