Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

playback time slider

Hi,
    When I pause and move the playback slider back a few minutes to re re-view an event, the playback connection seems to reload the entire ream of historical data every time (jacking up my high-end cpu to 99% for several minutes and revving the fans full tilt) , taking forever to go all the way back to the start and then all the way forward (while greyed out)to where i want to restart. Is this normal or have i got some setting wrong?
    thanks,
    David
    Last edited by trader3000a; 12-23-2021, 07:51 AM.

Hello trader3000a,

Thank you for your post.

So I may accurately assist you with the rendering and performance when using the Playback connection, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
      • One of the more recent updates to NinjaTrader 8 has a "Playback from selected" mode that might improve the rendering of playback based on your description. It sounds like you are using playback to review market events
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-22, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • What date/times are you trying to playback?
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • What other instruments and windows do you have open in your workspace when running Playback?
    • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to your reply.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Emily

Version: 8.0.25.0 64-bit
      Instrument: nq 3-22 (but the problem is not isolated to that expiry series)
      date/time: the last time is used playback today was for yesterday's date; dec. 22 (but the problem isn't isolated to that historical data)
      chart: range 40
      i have 1 chart/1 instrument open when running playback
      no errors

thanks,
      David

Comment

Hello David,

Thank you for that information.

One of our Playback performance tips (listed here) is to remove any unused instrument subscriptions in playback. Especially if you have a lot of data downloaded for the NQ instrument, I suspect that the platform might be trying to load that historical data and when you change the time on the slider it will have to re-load that historical data again. You may right-click the playback controller and select "Show Available Data" to pull up the historical data window. Click the + next to Market Replay to list all instruments that have been downloaded. From there, you can right-click an instrument to remove all data for that instrument or expand it further to delete specific dates only. I suggest removing any of this data that you are no longer planning to use in order to free up resources and prevent the Playback connection from having to load all of that historical data.

Another new option since you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader is to "Playback from selected" on the playback controller. This new mode will load historical data up to the selected time frame and start playback from there. This will increase the speed of changing times for users who don't have scripts or strategies that need to process each data event as it comes in. This is also a right-click option in the playback controller and should help to improve the performance and loading times when you are adjusting the slider in the controller.

For additional information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...WithReplayData

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
        1 response
        0 likes