Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Strategy Analyzer Backtest Stopping at 99%

Hi everybody,

I am having problems with the NT8 strategy analyzer. When I start a backtest on some stocks (e.g. a list of 30 stocks) the backtest runs through 29 of the 30 stocks and then gets stuck (same thing happens with the last of NASDAQ100 (stop at 99/100) or a custom stock list (stop at 511 of 512)). After getting stock the I cannot click anything on the strategy analyzer anymore, the only thing that is changing is the elapsed time which keeps counting, but other than that nothing works anymore. Even letting the strategy analyzer run for two more hours (although the backtest only takes 2 min if this does not stop) does not change anything.
    Does anybody know what the problem here is?

Hello funtra513,

Thank you for your message.

As a quick test, does this behavior persist when using the SampleMA crossover rather than your custom strategy?
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Justin,

I just ran a view tests with the sample MA crossover strategy and I was able to replicate the problem. As soon as I choose parameters big enough (fast 160 and slow 400) the same problem appears. This also applies to my own strategy: there is a lookback period as parameter and as soon as I choose a value above 100 the strategy analyzer stops at the last stock or the one before of the list.

Comment

Hello funtra513,

Thank you for your response.

Let's try clearing the historical data from your platform to increase performance and resolve this. To do this, shut down NinjaTrader 8, and go to the Documents/NinjaTrader 8/db folder and delete the files withinthe tick, minute, and day folders.

When you restart NinjaTrader, reconnect to your data provider and load up a chart with all the days you plan on backtesting to make sure the data is downloading (increasing the Days to Load in the Data Series window) will allow you to view all the days you are trying to backtest. Once you confirm that the data is on your chart, try running the backtest again, and let me know if the behavior persists.

Comment

Hello Justin,

I followed your instructions and for the first days it seemed to be working quite well, but since yesterday I started to encounter the same problems again. I tried to clear all the historical data folders and download everything soon afterwards again, but the problem remains.

Comment

Hello funtra513,

Thank you for your response.

Does this behavior persist if you close the main workspace you've been using and run a backtest on a workspace with only the Strategy Analyzer open?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Brevo
            by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
            0 responses