X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about levels and display of days

Hello Ninja Team! Happy New Year to you, I wish you all the best

I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to copy all lines from one chart and paste to another. For example, the levels built on the older TF are copied to the younger TF

2) I use 7 day session settings from 12 AM to 12 AM the next day. On the daily chart, I have a low volume bar before the start of the trading week. Previously, when I used Ninja version 7, this little bar, as I recall, would automatically join on Monday. Can I do the same in version 8?

Hello poomberg,

1. Please double click a drawing object to open its properties menu. Set 'Attach to' to '*instrument name* (All charts)' and click OK. Unfortunately there is no function to do this at once for all drawing objects.

If you refer to TF 12-21 and TF 03-22, you can't copy them. You will need to apply new drawing objects in the TF 03-22 chart.

2. When I test a daily chart in NinjaTrader 8 on my end, I don't load a separate daily bar for Sundays. I don't have a daily bar for 12-26, 12-19, 12-12. It is added into the Monday bar.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I marked these little days with rectangles.
      --
      I also have one more question. How is the transfer of Ninja 8 carried out when reinstalling Windows?

I have quite a few settings, especially settings in indicators. How can all this be saved for transfer?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello poomberg,

Thank you for the screenshot.

What Trading Hours template do you have selected? You may view this by right-clicking your chart and selecting Data Series. There are two 24 hour templates, Default 24 x 5 and Default 24 x 7, that are available. I am curious if you are using one of these templates or a different one. I am also curious how the trading hours selected in NinjaTrader 8 compares to the session template in NinjaTrader 7 that you were using.

For more information about trading hours, please see the help guide section here:

If the predefined templates don't suit your needs, you should be able to create your own template that will combine the Sunday data into Monday's candle as desired.

In regard to your next question, I would suggest creating a backup file of your NinjaTrader 8 settings and then once you have reinstalled Windows you can install NinjaTrader 8 and restore the backup file. The following instructions will explain how to backup your NinjaTrader 8 files to a second computer (or to a new installation of Windows, like you mentioned).

Please note that the following list is the items you can choose to include or exclude from your backup (Configuration files, Database, Historical Chart Data, Log and Trace files, Market Replay Data, NinjaScript Files, Templates, Workspaces). Many users exclude the historical chart data, log and trace files, and Market Replay data to reduce the file size.

Also, the new computer will have a different Machine ID and will result in any passwords for account connections being removed along with the NinjaTrader License key being removed. For security purposes, all account connections will need to have the username and password re-entered and the License key will also need to be re-entered.

You will also need to contact any 3rd party vendors and let them know that your machine ID has changed. You can locate the new machine ID by the following:
        • Control Center > Help > About... (e.g. Machine ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Follow these steps:
        • Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable
        • Go to Tools > Export > Backup File
        • Select which items you would like to backup and click 'Export'
        • Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 Backup folder on your PC

Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer/new Windows install you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
        • Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find)
        • Go to Tools > Import > Backup File...
        • Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it

I have also attached the publicly available Help Guide section regarding backup and restore below:

Help Guide - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ightsub=backup

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you a lot, Emily!!
          --
          I use rename copy of Default 24 x 7. 12am to 12 am next day. Central time

Comment

Hello poomberg,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you experience the same behavior when you change to the Default 24 x 7 trading hours based on EST time rather than the copy based on CST? I would also like to review your Data Series window to see if I am able to reproduce the same behavior on my end. Please right-click your chart and select Data Series, then provide a screenshot of the properties.
            • To take a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
            • Alternatively to take a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and upload the file as an attachment to your forum reply.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Data series and Trading hours screenshots. Unfortunately, i don't know how to switch between CST and EST
              Attached Files

Comment

I also periodically have a problem - the volumes of the last day are not loaded on the daily chart. The candlestick is displayed, but the cluster profile is not. For some reason this happens only with the Day chart. On the hourly chart and on the 15 minute chart, everything is fine
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello poomberg,

Thank you for the screenshots.

Upon further testing, I realized that daily bars are not affected by the trading hours template; they are built based on the daily data supplied by your data provider. Who is your data provider/broker that you are connecting to? I have tested on a Kinetick connection and do not see the Sunday bars on daily charts.

As a test, you could reset your instruments to ensure the instrument information in the database is set to the server definitions. To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.
                  1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
                  2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
                  3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
                  4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

For the volumes not loading on the last day of the chart, what is the calculation mode for the indicator? You may view this by right-clicking the chart and selecting Indicators. Locate the properties for the indicator that plots the profiles and check the "Calculate" dropdown menu. If it is set to On bar close, I would expect that the current day's value is not displayed because the bar is still in progress. If you change the calculation to On price change or On each tick, the data should populate for the current bar in progress. For more information about indicator settings:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post wzgy0920  
                  Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes