Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 8 Crashing On Start-Up After Removing Add-On From Docs

Hello,
    I recently added an automated trading journal to my NT8 as a trial. The service and addon is called Improve Your Trade Recorder and I will attach the URL below for reference. I was initially able to add the files to correct folder within Documents\NinjaTrader8, as well as import the zip extension just as the instructions said. However, after getting everything set up and the indicators added to each chart, I still wasn't seeing my trades come up on my ImproveYourTrade dashboard. So, I decided to remove all the indicators from my charts, close down NT8, and remove the corresponding files from my Documents\NinjaTrader8\bin\Custom\ folder. I then reset my Improve Your Trade setting, redownloaded the NinjaScript Add On and replaced the files. Then when i tried to reboot NT8, that's when it would no longer start. It starts up initiall, with only the control center showing, it successfully connects to Rithmic, and then just crashes before completing the startup. I got an error message one time that went away fast so I couldn't read all of it, but it said something about being unable to read or load a File. I should note that I tried removing all the ImproveYourTrade files that were added, and that didn't work. I also tried changing the config file to config.old just to see if it would start that way (saw it recommended in a related thread), but no luck with that either. It just added a new config file right below it on my next startup attempt. Finally, I tried starting up without Rithmic connection running just so I could get the app to bootup without crashing and check out the issue from the app itself in the NinjaScript Editor, but still no luck. I don't understand what could be happening because I didn't change or remove any files that weren't specific to the ImproveYourTrade addon. I would try to uninstall & reinstall, but I don't know how to do that without losing all of my custom indicators, workspaces, and other extensive configs that regrettably haven't been backed up for a while. Please get back to me ASAP so we can try to get to the bottom of this, & also please let me know what I should do with the file that i changed to config.old (I now have to config files in my docs). Should I keep the original config file to which i added .old, or keep the 'config' file that popped up below after changing the original & attempting another startup???
    Thanks,
    Dan

ImproveYourTrade URL:

ImproveYourTrade AddOn File Also Attached.

Also, I have sent a 'log' and 'trace' file to your support email with the title "DanOmun Support Ticket Log & Trace 1/4/22" for reference:
    Attached Files

Hello danomun,

Thank you for your post.

2022-01-04 11:05:43:052|0|4|Unhandled exception: Could not load file or assembly 'ImproveYourTrade, Version=1.0.2.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This is occurring because you've incorrectly removed the ImproveYourTrade addon. If you restore the files from the Windows Recycle Bin (Open the start menu and type Recycle Bin to locate it) and then start the platform, you should be able to correctly remove the add on from Tools > Remove NinjaScript Assembly which should correctly remove the addon as well as the references to it (which are what causing the errors). You should never manually remove an addon from the Custom folder unless specifically instructed to do so by NinjaTrader's support team.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello. I am having the same issue, however I imported a file from Ninza.co. After I attempted to trade, NT crashed. And continues to crash. I went to Remove Ninjascript Assembly, but it is saying that Remove failed. You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These must be resolved before removing a Ninjascript assembly. Help

Comment

Hello tremainetamar,

Thank you for your reply.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling your NinjaScript files. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy causing the issue or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

For NinjaTrader 8:
        • Open NinjaTrader
        • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
        • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
        • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
        • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left-click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please post a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
        • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
        • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
        Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
        24 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post spwizard  
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes