Position Tab Shows ADDS for ADS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position Tab Shows ADDS for ADS

I'm running NinjaTrader version 8.0.25.0 64-bit connected to IQFeed (via Kinetick) and IB Gateway Build 981.3g. With this configuration something strange is happening on the Positions tab in the NinjaTrader Control Center involving the Instrument with symbol ADS.

My system uses the default Instrument definition for ADS, so this symbol is mapped to ADS for Interactive Brokers. I entered a 100 shares long position in ADS today using the Basic Entry form. After entering this position I disconnected from IB Gateway, and then I used IB Trader Workstation to see what Interative Brokers shows for my ADS position: there that my account shows a long position of 100 shares in ADS, as expected. After this, however, things get weird...

I exited IB Trader Workstation, restarted IB Gateway, and reconnected NinjaTrader to IB Gateway: on the Control Center Positions tab my Account doesn't show a position in ADS, rather, it shows a 100 shares long position in ADDS. To be clear, the Instrument column on the Control Center Positions tab for the position reads ADDS. So IB shows ADS but NT shows ADDS, which is very strange.

Please advise.

Hello NtFan,

Thank you for your post.

What is the full product name for ADS? I suggest trying the Interactive Brokers instrument symbol lookup at the following publicly available link:

I suspect that there is an IB-specific symbol map that will need to be edited at Control Center > Tools > Instruments. Look up ADS and click edit. Change the Interactive Brokers symbol map as per the lookup on their website, and click OK to save the change. Restart NinjaTrader and test with the TWS and IB Gateway connections to see if the same behavior persists with the position reporting.

Additionally, due to the recent log4j vulnerabilities, please be sure that you are using TWS/IB Gateway version 981.3g specifically. The download links for this specific version may be found at the connection guide here:

We can confirm that the version from the install links has been patched and tested for functionality with NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What I'm experiencing isn't a symbol mapping issue, because IB bought the right stock for me. I'll redescribe the issue below using bullet points for clarity.

1. I used NT Basic Entry to place a buy order for 100 shares of ADS.
      2. The NT Control Center Orders tab shows: Instrument = ADS, Action = Buy, Quantity = 100, State = Filled.
      3. In IB TWS my account shows that I own 100 shares of ADS.
      4. The NT Control Center Positions tab shows: Instrument = ADDS, etc.

Very weird. Please advise.

Comment

Hello NtFan,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to review the diagnostic information from the platform to get a better understanding of how the 100 shares are being displayed in teh platform. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum page and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3425994 ATTN Emily

I look forward to resolving this item.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've sent my log and trace files for today via email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. Thank you very much in advance for any insight/remedy you might provide.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Melissa; 01-04-2022, 04:31 PM. Reason: Removed hyperlink to our email address

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin