Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

cTrader connectivity (anyone got it working?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cTrader connectivity (anyone got it working?)

More a thread for the community, I think...

I've been interested in the cTrader connectivity since it became available. Despite spending quite a few hours of it at that time, I could never get it to work. There were a couple of issues as I recall. Not many CFD brokers offer 'netting' accounts, which was a requirement (I guess as NT can't cope with hedging), and though I did manage to get a demo account or 2 with (supposedly) netting, I could never get it to work with NT. It would fail or do nothing as I recall after the pop up web page auth. I posted about it at the time. I know others were having the same issues, but no resolution came to light. That was maybe a year ago.

The connection has come to light again as a possible solution to an issue I have, so...

My question for any NT8 users who might have tried this too. Did you ever get it to work? If so, would you mind sharing a hint at which broker (If this is not acceptable, maybe DM me the name - Don't want to upset ninja mentioning any other broker names here).

Though, NT support staff, it would be perhaps acceptable for you to list any brokers/accounts you know are compatible? (again, if not posted here, privately) Because, I know of none, and I tried all the popular ones I know of/available to me.

Thanks.

The question of "how can I get a netting account" can be answered by cTrader - that will be required for the cTrader connection to work within NinjaTrader. The connection guide provides more detail and disclaimer information about the connection:I am able to successfully connect to a cTrader account that meets all the necessary requirements, so in theory, it's working as expected as long as the account you're connecting to meets the criteria.

If you're curious about other supported forex/CFD brokers, please contact my colleagues on the Platform Sales Team directly at platformsales[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com.

Comment

Well, for the benefit of others, I carried out the same steps as I had when this first was released, but seemingly not working, and now, it works! First time in fact. At least, I got connected, got data/instruments, etc. Actually, it seems to work rather well. I guess time and several iterations of NT8 have 'fixed' whatever plagued me last time.

Trying to figure out how to enter lot sizes is a bit odd, as Ninja only accepts 1, 2, etc., whilst index and forex can traditionally use 0.01, 0.1, etc. I'm told for Forex you can use 1,000 for 0.01, 10,000 for 0.1 and , 100,000 = 1! I realise this equates to lot size, but.. Not sure about fractional sizes on indexes yet. I will test some trades next week and see how it goes. If this works well I would have to say it's a great addition to the platform.
      Last edited by pjsmith; 01-15-2022, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsmith View Post
        Well, for the benefit of others, I carried out the same steps as I had when this first was released, but seemingly not working, and now, it works! First time in fact. At least, I got connected, got data/instruments, etc. Actually, it seems to work rather well. I guess time and several iterations of NT8 have 'fixed' whatever plagued me last time.

Trying to figure out how to enter lot sizes is a bit odd, as Ninja only accepts 1, 2, etc., whilst index and forex can traditionally use 0.01, 0.1, etc. I'm told for Forex you can use 1,000 for 0.01, 10,000 for 0.1 and , 100,000 = 1! I realise this equates to lot size, but.. Not sure about fractional sizes on indexes yet. I will test some trades next week and see how it goes. If this works well I would have to say it's a great addition to the platform.
        Really interesting. Any update on how it's going?

Comment

Originally posted by orlando305 View Post

Really interesting. Any update on how it's going?
          Hi - I'm not currently using it. The reason being that few providers actually offer the connectivity needed. A lot of ctrader providers, but not with it configured to the way NT8 requires. NT8 cannot cope with hedged accounts, which most CFD providers use. This greatly limits my choice of provider. Also, though it's been a while since I last used it I think there were some size issues for trading indexes. For instance, the only netting account I could find that was suitable for me did not offer fractional sizes on Indexes via ctrader (though they did for other platforms). This meant always trading full size lots, which was too large for what I wanted.

It's a shame, because the connectivity in NT8 actually seemed to work quite well and I think this would have opened up the platform to a lot more users.

Comment

Hello, I´m interested on doing the FTMO challenge. If I choose CTRADER as platform, could I connect to with Ninja 8 with the credentials who FTMO give me?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by pekex View Post
              Hello, I´m interested on doing the FTMO challenge. If I choose CTRADER as platform, could I connect to with Ninja 8 with the credentials who FTMO give me?

Thanks,
              I was told by FTMO, NO. Probably because NT has the requirement that the CTRADER accounts be set to non-hedging (netting), and with FTMO, this is not normal. If you find out any different, let us know

Comment

Do you want to work specifically with cTrader and NT8, or is something else suitable for you? I connected to both of them, but they weren't good for me. They had a stupid error. Maybe they really don't have access to the tools I'm interested in. But you can consider other Tradingbrokers. As far as I know, Pepperstone has more tools at its disposal than other brokers. You can pay attention to it. Today I work with Pepperstone and AvaTrade (its minimum deposit is $100). I don't know how much you're going to pay for it, but $100 is a reasonable price. They work with Cryptos, Forex, and Commodities.
                Last edited by MarcoPoloG; 12-19-2022, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsmith View Post

I was told by FTMO, NO. Probably because NT has the requirement that the CTRADER accounts be set to non-hedging (netting), and with FTMO, this is not normal. If you find out any different, let us know
                  I have found that if you set a demo account on Ctrader "netting" and connect to Ninjatrader 8, it works. So, you can chart and trade in Ninjatrader and copy to Metatrader with any add on. So, theoretically it´s possible to do the FTMO challenge from Ninjatrader 8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly  
                  Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive