4HR Charts Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4HR Charts Help Needed

When I try to load lets say a 1000 bars to see how an indicator did in the past. I'm only getting about 150 bars any ideas how to fix this? Works on Daily/Weekly and 60MIN Charts just fine.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 8.52.33 AM.png
Views:	305
Size:	839.3 KB
ID:	1185841

Hello svencool,

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Load data based on' to Bars and 'Bars to load' to 1000. Click OK and check if the requested data is loaded. If not, please right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried to do both Jason and still didn't work. But does still work on 60min chart and Daily chart.... I can't see enough bars on the 4hr chart to see my S&R zones. It has to be a setting as I'm sure everyone else can load a 4hr chart with a years worth of data. Thanks for any help....
      Attached Files
      Last edited by svencool; 01-16-2022, 05:06 PM.

Comment

This would indicate there is no more historical minute data provided by the connected broker/data feed. Can you please tell me to what broker/data you connect in NinjaTrader.

If you set 'Load data based on' to Days and then request 365 days in both the 60 Minute and 240 Minute chart, do you load historical data up to the same day?

Comment

Well I have TD AmeriTrade as my broker selected. Here is a chart showing what your asking for on set to Days and days to load 365 and it only goes back to roughly November 2021. But I can still use the same brokers data and load it through ThinkorSwim and loaded a 60min chart and the data goes back to October 2020. So they are providing the data. I will have 2 charts that show that. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 9.04.25 AM.png
Views:	284
Size:	882.0 KB
ID:	1186005Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 8.59.31 AM.png
Views:	276
Size:	687.9 KB
ID:	1186006

Comment

Am I correct both the 60 Minute and 240 Minute charts load historical data up to November 2021?

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

I suspect ThinkorSwim uses a different way to connect to your TD Ameritrade account which results in more historical data. I suggest to check with TD Ameritrade if the amount of historical data you load is as expected when you connect to TD Ameritrade in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Yes they both are the same, Here is a chart and it doesn't make a difference if I reload all historical data. Just got off the phone and they told me to get with Ninjatrader tech support. So where do I go from here?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by svencool; 01-17-2022, 08:50 AM.

Comment

This indicates that is the amount of historical data that is provided when you connect to your TD Ameritrade account in a 3rd party platform such as NinjaTrader. I suggest to contact TD Ameritrade to confirm.

Comment

Today they only have a support team in and I will have to call them tomorrow. So I'll follow up here with what they say. I sent an email asking for phone tech support from Ninjatrader as I guess they have no direct lines in but they can call out is what the guy told me at the orders phone number.

Comment

Hey Jason or anyone I tried using the Free Kinetick - End Of Day Data same issue. So it makes me think it's not a data feed issue Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 10.40.18 AM.png
Views:	291
Size:	875.5 KB
ID:	1186035

Comment

Hello svencool,

Thank you for your response.

This would be expected with that data feed as it only provides daily data, not minute/hour or tick data. The data you are seeing on your chart will still be the same TDA historical data downloaded from their servers. If you increase the Days to Load in the Data Series and the Bars to Load for the Indicator while connected to TDA and the data does not go back further, it is most likely that they do not have it on their servers. Unfortunately, they would have to answer that directly.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
                      Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post usazencort  
                      Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                      5 responses