Questions about NinjaTrader/TDAmeritrade order execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about NinjaTrader/TDAmeritrade order execution

For reference, I'm currently on the free version of Ninjatrader and I'm very strongly considering buying the full version if it turns out I can do what I'm trying to

I've created a strategy that submits 2 types of orders: LongStopMarket orders with trailing stops (for both profit targets and stop losses), and ShortStopMarket Orders with a trailing stop (for both profit targets and stop losses). Would these kinds of orders work if submitted through TD Ameritrade? And if not is there anything I can modify about the program that will allow them to work?

Thank You

Hello akm39,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

While trailing stops can work with TD Ameritrade, there is a limitation that these cannot be used with OCO. TDA has a rule that OCO orders cannot be modified.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you! I also wanted to try out a few more strategies, especially this one in particular:

I'm fairly certain it doesn't try to modify OCO orders (or even open them) but could you verify that for me?

Once again, thanks so much.

Comment

Hello akm39,

As this strategy does not use SetProfitTarget() this would not have OCO attached orders.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi all. I am on a paid multi-broker license key and have a question specific to TDA and the use of stops as part of a strategy.

The strategy does NOT use OCO orders, but does use stop orders. In live testing today with 1 share lots and the entries (long) are working without any difficulty, however the stops are not being submitted to TDA. I can see the stops sitting an order queue within Ninjatrader, but they are NOT being sent to TDA.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening as I note in reading through other threads in the support forum that traders are using strategies that deploy stops in TDA? I am only looking to have the order executed and a single stop entered (no OCO).

1 - I have included a screenshot of my TDA connection window.

2 - Here is the data from the trace file from one of the test trades (account name and number hidden):

2022-10-04 14:57:38:715 (My TD AMERITRADE) Cbi.Account.CreateOrder: orderId='b89c4f0022604430ac25a9ea819efbfe' account='XXXXXXX XXXXXXX' name='Stop loss' orderState=Initialized instrument='SOBR' orderAction=Sell orderType='Stop Market' limitPrice=0 stopPrice=2.53 quantity=1 tif=Gtc oco='9509617599:2210049920025347641' filled=0 averageFillPrice=0 onBehalfOf='' id=77 time='2022-10-04 14:57:38' gtd='2099-12-01' statementDate='2022-10-04' id=-1 comment=''​

Thanks very much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	211
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	1218069​​
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dmactrades; 10-04-2022, 03:50 PM.

Comment

No need to reply. I found the answer for anyone interested.
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AnnBarnes, Today, 12:17 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post AnnBarnes  
            Started by Lopat, 03-05-2023, 01:19 PM
            4 responses