Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to get market data from TWS api to Ninja trader 8.0

Hello,

I have gone through many posts but I am unable to solve this. I do not get market data on Ninja Trader from TWS api. I have the access to the market data on TWS platform and I am able to trade on TWS. I have double checked my connection settings on Ninja Trader and they are exactly the same as on the connection guide on Ninja Trader website. I am also using the TWS version TWS 981.3i which I downloaded from the link provided on the connection guide itself. On the Log section on Ninja, after I try to connect to IBKR live connection, it says on the log that I have connected to the IBKR connection and price feed is connected but still doesn't work.

I thought that it may just be the market data that's down so I tried placing an order to test as well. I got this error: There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine. affected Order: Buy 1 Limit @ 3200

I also tried to use IB gateway instead but that did not work either.
    I also checked with Interactive Brokers and they said everything is fine on my account and I should once check with Ninja Trader support.

I would appreciate any leads. Please let me know if more details are needed.

Thanks,
    tminusten

Hello tminusten,

The error you experience indicates no realtime data is received for the instrument you try to trade. If you select this instrument in a NinjaTrader SuperDOM or T&S window, do you receive realtime data?

What instrument (+ expiry month) did you try to trade?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your response.

No, I do not get data even on T&S window. I tried to trade ASIANPAINT and WIPRO stocks from NSE India.

Comment

These instruments are not present by default in the NinjaTrader platform. I assume you created custom instruments for them with the instructions below.

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
        • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
        • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
        • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
        • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
        • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
        • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
        • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
        • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.

Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

What symbol do you enter for these stocks in TWS? Please enter the same symbol as symbol map in the Interactive Brokers row in the instrument settings.

Make sure Currency is set to Indian Rupee and Exchange is set to Nse (National Stock Exchange of India).
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. That fixed my problem.
          You are a lifesaver!

Just one question please: Is there any way to add all the symbols in NSE or all symbols for any other exchange for that matter in one go?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

NinjaTrader has a concept called 'stock list import', however, I don't think it would be applicable here since each instrument requires such specific configuration steps. With that said, here is a link with more information about this feature:

Comment

same case with me.luckly,I install IB Version 981.3j and then get the data normal.

Optimize your trading speed and efficiency with Interactive Brokers’ Trader Workstation, a global trading system which lets you use a suite of online trading tools on over 100 markets worldwide from a single account.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                NinjaTrader has a concept called 'stock list import', however, I don't think it would be applicable here since each instrument requires such specific configuration steps. With that said, here is a link with more information about this feature:
                Thanks. That helps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jeronymite  
                Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes