About Free Live Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Free Live Data

I opened the chart window and selected AAPL from DOW30, but the data does not show up.

Hello ラリー,

Thank you for your post.

Are you using a NinjaTrader Continuum demo account? Demo accounts will only supply data for Futures. Please try opening a Futures chart using the steps below.

You can use the instrument search feature to instantly pull up a searchable list at any time. Please go to New > Chart > Click inside of the instrument drop-down area, and type the symbol of the instrument you want > For example Search (ES or Micro) and double click the Futures instrument you want to create a chart of in the list of instruments > Select Minute for the Type > Enter the interval you want in the Value area > Click OK.
    This instrument will also be added to the recent instruments list and can be chosen from that list when creating a new chart or SuperDOM.

Here is a great place for new users to start which contains many video guides that will help with initial configuration of the platform:
    Below, you will find links to some FREE publicly available resources to help you become a NinjaTrader power user:If you want to load stocks in NinjaTrader, you will need to be connected to a data provider that supports stocks in NinjaTrader.

For example, the NinjaTrader Continuum connection will only support futures data, the Kinetick, TD Ameritrade, and Interactive Brokers connections will support data for Stocks.

If you would like, I could have a colleague reach out to you with options to receive data for stocks.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over understanding the data provided by all of the connectivity providers. Expand the section labeled Understanding the data provided by your connectivity providerPlease do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your answer.
      Yes, I am using demoacant.
      Then am I correct in understanding that the demo account only provides futures data, and if I want to get stock data, I need to have the option (subscription fee) with a live account?

Comment

If you have TOS account, you could connect to TOS and get stock data

Comment

Originally posted by ラリー View Post
          Thank you for your answer.
          Yes, I am using demoacant.
          Then am I correct in understanding that the demo account only provides futures data, and if I want to get stock data, I need to have the option (subscription fee) with a live account?
          Correct. You must have a supported brokerage account that supplies Stock data to NinjaTrader. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over understanding the data provided by all of the connectivity providers. Expand the section labeled Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider
          Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

rene69851  NinjaTrader_ShawnB

Thank you.
            That was very helpful to me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes