Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is it possible to have only 500 bars on the chart (not just on start-up)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to have only 500 bars on the chart (not just on start-up)?

Is it possible to have only 500 bars on the chart (not just on start-up)? In other words, whenever a new bar forms (the 501st bar), the oldest bar is deleted off the chart. Thus, as new bars are drawn, the oldest bars are deleted off the chart in order to have only 500bars on the chart.

I'm trying to do this because NT8 consumes too much memory when using a tick based chart. My PC has a 24GB memory and it fills up with NT data after 2-3hrs of running NT8; which subsequently slows downs everything and even cause NT8 to hang/crash.

Hello cryfgg,

Thank you for your reply.

I have deleted your post in the Indicator development forum as it is a duplicate of this post and does not have to do with indicator development. We would ask that you submit one post per inquiry as multiple posts may tie up several technicians working on the same thing.

It would not be possible to automatically trim the chart as new bars come in so the same number of bars is always maintained, however, I have added a vote for you to an existing feature request for this functionality. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4747.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 02:09 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
    1 response
    0 likes