Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt8 lag lag lag

Dear Ninjatrader,
    I'm so tired of the lag of NT8 that I spent a large portion of today testing the lag with RTY today, (because ES and NQ are SUPER laggy all the time It would take forever to test them). I use my ChartTime indicator, which is super basic and reads the lag of an INSTRUMENT, not just a single chart.

I started testing by removing all instruments except RTY, then removing charts, removing indicators, new workspaces, running a small time frame chart with no indicators, a large one also with no indicators and nothing helps. This is ONGOING for years through many NT updates... people complain but NT still lags when the market moves (and the big money can be made fast).

I read all the posts over the years and checked all the options to invalidate lag such as turning off all custom indicators, make sure your connection is secure, use a simple workspace, safe mode and on and on. My fast machine lags but my cpu use is never over 20% and my memory around 63% during lag so ITS NOT ME. AND ITS NOT EVERYONE ELSE EITHER FOR ALL THESE YEARS!

Ninjatrader, for once and for all (of us), create a diagnostic routine running in NT8 that can sort out the lag and send YOU or US a message or something so we all don't spend all our time (and yours), testing, complaining and missing huge sums of $$$ when we can't trade fast markets.

I don't post much but it really is ridiculous at this point.

-whiterhino

Hello whiterhino,

Thank you very much for your post.

As there can be a variety of reasons for this to occur, it is very difficult to give a generalized answer. A few common examples would be:
    • Actual connection/internet lag
      • This would be recorded in different ways, e.g. in the "CQG.My NinjaTrader Continuum.2022####.txt" file for NinjaTrader Continuum connections
    • Delayed or throttled data by the provider, intentionally or erroneously
    • Rendering delay in the platform itself
      • This occurs if indicators require more calculating time than what is available before the next tick of real-time data arrives
    • An offset PC clock
    • A brief interruption of the wifi connection (micro-lag)
    • Defective hardware (from the ethernet port, cable, modem/router to the actual PC itself)
    • Third-party software that interferes with NinjaTrader (e.g. applications that affect or modify internet traffic or the underlying protocols directly)
    While lag is not an uncommon issue, the possible factors are many, and I can assure you NinjaTrader 8 would not be the platform it is today if this occurred to every one of our clients.

I would like to assess exactly why you experience these issues. However, to do this I would need to start with your platform's log & trace files, could you forward these to me?

You can do this by going to Help > Platform Support. Please also leave the following note to ensure we can associate it with this post:

ATTN Manfred 3454521

If you have previously contacted us in this regard from a different email address, please also let me know, as I would like to look into all former communication to see what has been attempted prior.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Manfred F. for your offer. But here is the issue for all of us. As algos are deployed more and more in trading, the volume will continue to climb as algos scalp the markets faster and faster. This data lag issue will affect more and more traders.

I am asking that NinjaTrader look at this holistically and "create a diagnostic routine running in NT8 that can sort out the lag (is it chart calculations only, ONLY? dirty data feed?, CPU?, Memory?, etc.), and send YOU or US a message or something so we all don't spend all our time (and yours), testing, complaining and missing huge sums of $$$ when we can't trade fast markets."

-whiterhino

Comment

Hello,

Can you specify the nature of the lag you are seeing? For instance, are you seeing your chart price fall behind your superdom price? What amount of delay are you seeing?
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I too am experiencing and have experienced much "lag" during times of high volatility in the markets. This lag can offset my chart price to many minutes behind the SuperDOM. My CPU never goes above 15% during these times and normally it is around the 3% - 5% mark in the task manager. It is almost as if the platform gets bottlenecked and data starts clogging up the pipelines. This is especially the case when using things like Volumetric charts and OrderFlow Volume Profiles.

My system should be more than capable of handling these times of volatility as it is comprised of the following:

AMD Ryzen 9 12-Core 3900x Processor
          ROG Strix X570-E Motherboard
          64GB of DDR4
          Nvidia RTX 2060 Super Graphics Card
          4TB of storage space comprised of all SSD

Additionally, I will close all charts when Ninjatrader starts lagging and go down to one chart to see if this addresses the issue always to no avail.

Comment

Hello Rogue_Two,

Especially if you experience any such issues on a single chart, without using third-party indicators, please reach out to us.

Without assessing why it occurs we would not be able to give any suggestions.

If you would like us to investigate this further, please send us an email through the platform (Help > Email Support). If you do so, please don't forget to add "ATTN Manfred 3454521" to the email to allow us to associate it with this post.

I look forward to your reply!
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Manfred.

Today during the Fed Interest Rate decision, I had a 2 minute volumetric chart with

2 x Orderflow VWAP set to calculate on close, standard resolution
              Orderflow Volume Profile set to calculate on close and set to minute resolution
              Orderflow Depth map set to calculate on tick

This chart eventually accumulated a 20 minute delay compared to server time as volume started bottle necking on that chart.

Does anyone have this kind of experience with volumetric charts during times of high volatility/volume?

My machine has more than enough resources and I had to revert to either a bare candlestick chart or a bare volumetric chart in order for chart time to keep up with server time.

Comment

Hello,

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor while the issue is occurring:
                • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
                • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
                • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
                • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
                  • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
                  • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

I can't trust this platform anymore. The data lag issue has cost me a lot of money. The attached screenshot is an example of what I experience on a regular basis. The chart shows a winning position yet I'm losing money. It makes no sense. I have a very powerful computer, fiber connection to the internet and minimal tabs and indicators. I have a lifetime license and getting very frustrated with my investment. This needs to be fixed now.
                  Attached Files

Comment

wbayne333, Install the ChartLagTIme script posted here so at least you know when charts are lagging and can avoid orders until lag clears. Today has been pretty bad for chart lag, due to abnormally high market volume and trade rates. ES and NQ especially, with not seconds but minutes of lag. But at the same time max CPU utilization was only 50%, and max. NinjaTrader CPU utilization was only 40%, and the CPU core with highest utilization was only peaking at 70%, with all other cores between 40% and 60%. So the bottleneck is not hardware.

Comment

Hello,

The screenshot shows your chart rendering is delayed, not your data, as you can see the chart price differs greatly than the bid/ask spread being quoted. You'll need to open the utilization monitor to see what is causing this behavior.

Comment

whiterhino notwithstanding all of the things often blamed for lag:
                        • Actual connection/internet lag
                        • Delayed or throttled data by the provider, intentionally or erroneously
                        • An offset PC clock
                        • A brief interruption of the wifi connection (micro-lag)
                        • Defective hardware (from the ethernet port, cable, modem/router to the actual PC itself)
                        • Third-party software that interferes with NinjaTrader (e.g. applications that affect or modify internet traffic or the underlying protocols directly)
                        IMHO, it is none of these. I monitor more than 20 instruments - the only significant lag I ever experience is with ES & NQ in fast-moving markets (open, news release, MOC, close). IMHO the current version of NT8 is incapable of charting heavily traded instruments in fast, high-volume market conditions. NT needs to fix this.
                        Last edited by EsNqYmGcCl; 04-01-2022, 10:13 PM.

Comment

whiterhino Are you using 4K monitors with a 4k screen resolution ( or higher) ?
                          If so then there is your problem.. NinjaTrader lags extremely on these resolutions, even out of the box without any 3rd party stuff installed
                          It just cannot handle it. I noticed this on several clients' PCs, all lagging extremely. Nothing helps.
                          You can have the fastest PC on the planned with 100GB memory and 100GB internet connection.. NinjaTrader just lags on 4K (or higher) monitors)

Change the screen resolution to 1920x1080 and then it should work just fine

Erwin
                          EB Worx
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Comment

whiterhino @EB Worx,

FYI/FWIW - I use 6x 43” 4K monitors @ 4K resolutions, multiple instruments, charts, doms (+1x QHD for other than charts). My experience with the type of lag you report hasn’t been resolution related.

I’m not challenging Erwin’s experience nor helpful suggestion to try & if it works & acceptable to you, job done!

It would be similarly helpful to all to let everyone here know if it works for you

Comment

EB Worx, Any experience with 2560x1440 lagging due to resolution?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes