Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Swing" indicator script logic

Hello

I'm trying to modify the "swing" indicator, but first I'm trying to make sense of the script's logic. For the most part I already understand how the code works, but on line 93 there is an if statement:
    if (BarsArray[0].BarsType.IsRemoveLastBarSupported && CurrentBar < saveCurrentBar)

I don't understand in which scenario is this if statement true or false and what is the purpose of this if statement?
    Please explain what is "BarsArray[0].BarsType.IsRemoveLastBarSupported" checking for and how can "CurrentBar < saveCurrentBar" be true at all? Since current bar starts counting from 0 and only goes higher and in the beginning saveCurrentBar is -1 and it's value only changes on lines 109 and 212 when its set equal to CurrentBar. There doesn't seem to be any logical scenario where CurrentBar can be lower than saveCurrentBar.

Hi Karl, thanks for posting.

This section is to handle bars types with IsRemoveLastBarSupported, like the Renko bar when it runs OnEachTick. If the current bar is removed it would be less than the saved bar. You can make a copy of the Swing indicator by right clicking the code>Save As, then give it a unique name. This copy can be edited and tested by adding Print() methods throughout.

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
    8 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post traderqz  
    Started by SightCareAubetter, Today, 12:50 PM