Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to enter a fractional position when trading crypto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to enter a fractional position when trading crypto?

How do I buy a fraction of BTC on Coinbase using chart trader or in a strategy?

Hello relogical,

Thank you very much for your post.

At this time, the NinjaTrader platform does not support the live trading of cryptocurrencies, as the only supported provider for data (Coinbase) is not supported for live trades, and can only receive data.

I hope for your understanding in this regard!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can trade crypto Futures and CFDs though ... if that helps.
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

On which connection i can trade crypto Futures and CFDs?

Comment

Hello mirex​,

Thank you for the inquiry.

Bitcoin futures like BIT, MBT, BTC or XBT are available with the CME and CBOE Futures. FXCM and CityIndex are the only providers that will support CFDs.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

I would like to start trading MBT or BIT(Coinbase derivatives) but when trying to open the MTB futures chart it looks distorted and it’s not active. I’ve tried updating instruments and rollover. Also would like to know how I can set up account i trade BIT futures(nano btc). If anyone knows how to get these charts up and running it would be great help.

Comment

Hello Huey13v,

Thank you for the post.

Please first ensure that you are charting the MBT instrument, not the MTB instrument. Where are you currently getting your live market data from? You will also want to ensure that you have the proper enablements through your live market data feed for cryptocurrency futures.

Then please take a screenshot of your chart and Data Series settings. My MBT chart currently looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	214
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1236935
              To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.​Opening a NinjaTrader Brokerage account would allow you to live trade cryptocurrency futures and provide a real time market data subscription to allow access. Please email our brokerage team at brokeragesupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com for more information on opening an account. Please also see the link below:

Nano Bitcoin futures are crypto futures priced right for all traders. Start your Bitcoin futures trading journey by opening an account with NinjaTrader today!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I’m currently getting my live data from cme bundle. How do I check the enablements for crypto?

Comment

Okay, I think I got it. This is what my chart looks like.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Chart is not live.. here is a screenshot. Any help to get this chart up and running would be great.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Huey13v​,

Thank you for the inquiry.

First, I would open Chart Trader and check if the Ask and Bid prices are loading the same numbers as the data on the chart. If they are not populating and show values of 0, this would indicate that you do not have live data for the MBT. Please be advised that it appears that the MBT 03-23 is a little lower volume today, hence the dashes instead of full candlesticks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	199
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1237434
                      If you are still experiencing issues with the MBT, please send us your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: ##03705616## ATTN ##SEV##

Comment

Buying a fraction of Bitcoin (BTC) on Coinbase using the chart trader or a strategy is pretty straightforward. Firstly, ensure you have an account on Coinbase. Then, head over to their platform and navigate to the trading section. You can input the specific amount or fraction of BTC you want to purchase in the order form.

If you're into using strategies, Coinbase's charting tools are handy. You can set up buy orders at specific price points using their interface. However, if you're looking for a detailed step-by-step guide, I'd recommend checking out this resource: https://bitcodemethod.dev/gb/. They often offer comprehensive walkthroughs on trading strategies, including buying fractions of cryptocurrencies. It might be just what you need to get started smoothly.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jeronymite