scaling effecting indictor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scaling effecting indictor

One of my 3rd party indicators (I don't believe they are in business any more) draws horizonatal lines on certain closed bars when certain conditions are met.

Recently (possibly a result of updating my ninja platform?) I notice I can make some lines dissappear (or appear) when I play with the vertical scale of the chart. Also, clicking the 'F' button also sometimes results in the indicator not showing all of the lines. I need to literally drag the mouse up and down in order to find the area where the indicicator shows what it should show. Obviously an inconveniance

Guessing it's some sort of coding error or something to do with updating my ninja but i'm wondering if there's anything I can do on my end in terms of chart settings or anything. I'm guessing not (and imagine the 'F' button would be the best bet in theory but as I say it still doesn't show the indicator as it should. Only if I drag the right hand side of the chart up and down with my mouse until I find the sweet spot where all lines that should show...do)

Hopefully that made at least some sense

Hello,

It's likely the indicator is not setup to automatically scale the chart to include the plot points. Does this issue occur with any other indicator in the platform?
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
      Hello,

It's likely the indicator is not setup to automatically scale the chart to include the plot points. Does this issue occur with any other indicator in the platform?
      ''Does this issue occur with any other indicator in the platform?''

Not that i've noticed

I should have mentioned that I have the same indicator running on my other computer (laptop) and the indicator works much better on there (changing the scale doesn't effect the lines dissappearing nearly as much)

So it could be an issue with the pc? or it could be an issue with the fact the laptop is running an older version of ninja? (I believe)

Can updating ninja make some indicators not work? And if so, can one go back too an older verision of ninja?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately any other suggestion would be a speculative guess at best, as this likely depends on how the script is programmed. I would advise updating NinjaTrader in general, and perhaps seeing if the issue occurs in a new workspace. Beyond that though there isn't much I can advise without knowing the script intimately.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post adeelshahzad  
        Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
        10 responses
        1 like