paint color bars (not region) plus some other newbie things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paint color bars (not region) plus some other newbie things

I'm brand new to NT and I've been able to figure out most things but I need help with the following:

Charts:
    1. can I paint the data bars (not the background) during the evening session?
    2. plot HL without the stair steps (just plot the lowest or highest points.
    3. determine the daily change during regular trading hours
    4. display other instruments daily change (like YM, ES) even if I'm don't have a chart open on them
    5. on the chart there is a list of all the indicators that are in use (across the top), is it possible to remove this text?

DOM:
    1. assuming I'm in a trade with loss and profit stops placed, if I add a contract how do I get the DOM to move the stops and increase the number of orders?
    2. also, assuming I'm in a trade and cancel my orders, how do I re-send the orders?
    3.the PNL reflects all profits/losses, is there a way to only display the profits/loss of the instrument I'm trading?
    Sorry for so many question but I couldn't find answers in the forum or on the web.

Bruce
    Last edited by invgrp2; 01-28-2022, 02:26 PM.

Hello,

1. You would need to load a data series with a trading hours template including the overnight session to see this data, so this would not be possible.
    2. The current day OHL will always plot in this fashion on the chart, though you can edit it's appearance in its settings.
    3. You can use the net change indciator to display this, although this calculates using the current price vs. the prior session's close price
    4. This would be best accomplished via a market analyzer or market watch window. You can create these from the 'new' menu in the control center
    5. To remove this text, open each indicator's settings and remove the text in the 'label' field of each indciator applied to the chart

1. If adding to the existing ATM strategy, this will increase the quantity of the current orders associated with the active ATM strategy.
    2. These would need to be placed as new orders, there is no way to reinstate previously cancelled orders
    3. You can view PnL for specific positions in the 'positions' tab of the control center. If referring to realized PnL, it will always be aggregated, however you can use the trade performance tool (under New) to create a custom report of trading which can be filtered by instrument and several other factors.

I would highly recommend perusing our help guide as we have detailed information on every feature of the platform you'll likely find relevant. However, please let us know if you have any other questions.

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I appreciate the information and I'll try and apply it over the weekend.

Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post traderqz  
      Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes