Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

hotkey to specific drawing tool template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hotkey to specific drawing tool template?

Say I use a specific drawing tool for two different things to mark up charts. Say I want to be able to quickly have my mine Line default template be one apperance and only display on the chart I draw it on, and I use that for quickly drawing potential trendlines, but I want to also use the line tool to mark out measured moves on one chart and have a separate template for that, have different appearance and have it appear on all charts etc. I know I can do that by drawing it using the default template, then going in and changing it, but what I want to do is press one hotkey to get me into the drawing tool with that template already set, and also have another hotkey for the other template I use. Is there a way to do that?

Hello knurled,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, this is not possible, and the methods you described will be the quickest way to switch between different Drawing Tool templates on your charts. One trick you may want to try though is to Copy/Paste existing lines on your chart and then simply reposition the copy which may save you some time. You can do this by highlighting any lines on your chart that you want to use the same template for and then right-clicking and hitting Copy/Paste or hitting Ctrl +C/V on your keyboard.

For extra reference, all available Hot Keys on the platform will be shown in the Control Center > Tools > Hot Key window.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How is this not something Ninjatrader has added to its features? Multiple requests going back YEARS. Not to mention the fact that platforms from competitors have had this feature for years and it would be very simple to make it. You would think that ninja would pay attention to their competitors and replicate useful features. Feature requests on this forum are completely pointless. It seems NT is determined to foreved be the the same old, clunky, expensive, overrated platform. Unless something changes, it's gonna be rendered obsolete.

Comment

Hello gumbleberry​,
        Thank you for the post.

It's possible to assign a hot key to a drawing tool, but not possible to assign it to a specific template of the drawing tool.
        If you like, you can save your drawing tool template as a default and then use a hot key to add that drawing tool on a chart.

Here is a link to our HelpGuide on how to save a drawing tool template: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...s__ob.htm#Unde rstandingDrawingObjectTemplates

Plus a link to our HelpGuide on how to assign a hot key to a drawing tool: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...h_hot_keys.htm

If you have further questions, please email us from the NinjaTrader platform (Help-> Email Support), so we can receive your log and trace files as well.
        Thank you!​
        Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        7 responses