X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activate atm

hello. can you assign a hotkey to activate deactivate the atm? Thank you

Hello julifro,

You can find all order entry hot key options at Control Center-->Tools-->Hot Keys-->Order Entry. There is an option for 'Close ATM strategy' which cancels any pending orders and exits any positions activated by an ATM strategy. There is no hot key to activate an ATM strategy.

To add an ATM strategy to an unprotected open position, please follow the steps below:
    • Select the Positions tab of the Control Center
    • Right click on the position
    • Select 'Apply ATM Strategy' and then select the desired ATM
    • Now your position will have ATM applied to it
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response, but that is not what I need.
      Sometimes I need to enter the market by placing a buy and a sell position at the same time. The oca orders only allow me to do this if one of the two positions does not have an ATM, so I am forced to go to the atm panel and disable it.
      For a faster performance I want a hotkey that allows me to activate and deactivate the ATM. It's possible?

Comment

Unfortunately there is no such hot key option.

Please note that you can submit both orders with an ATM strategy attached. You need to re-select the ATM strategy after submitting the first entry order and before submitting the second entry order.

Comment

Thank you. I will try your solution

Comment

What is the point of not allowing the placing of multiple orders with the same ATM strategy without going back into the ATM menu? NT8 treats each order as an individual and separate strategy. I want all my orders to have the same strategy unless I change something and with the way the program is configured I run the risk of placing an order without a strategy because I did not take the cumbersome steps of reselecting the strategy. Then, when I want to see all orders on the chart using Chart Trader, I have to select NONE or no ATM strategy to see the orders with the same ATM strategy!!!!! Can we have an option to "allow multiple ATM instances?" ATM is very useful but its implementation is extremely clunky. I understand separating different strategies out but I am using the same strategy.

Comment

Hello Philosophical Trader,

Can you please right click in ChartTrader and select Properties. Set 'ATM strategy selection mode' to 'Keep selected ATM strategy template on order submission'. This way you don't have to re-select the ATM strategy when submitting additional entry orders. Please see the link below for more information.
              https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?atm_strategy_selecti on_mode.htm

Comment

Impressive. I would never have tried that from reading the option title, or the help file for that matter. It might be helpful to add "This option is for traders who want to keep the same ATM strategy for new orders." When the help file says "new" strategy, I understand that it is trying to distinguish from the prior strategy for any other order, but I feel like the more intuitive description would pertain to new -orders- and existing or -same- strategies.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post cre8able