Outlook Mail Settings Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outlook Mail Settings Issue

As or January 28th 2022 I'm receiving the following error when generating/testing emails:

"There was an error sending a mail message: Failure sending mail. Unable to connect to the remote server A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond"

Has anyone else had this occur recently?
    Appreciated,

LM

Hello larkmail,

Thank you for your post.

For your inquiry, this error message indicates an inability for your computer to successfully connect with the NinjaTrader servers.
    I've detailed a few general network troubleshooting steps below that may resolve this error for you (test for the issue after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader 8
    • Restart your PC
    • Restart your modem/router
      Ensure that all available updates for your PC are installed from the Windows Settings > Update and Security page. Be sure to close NinjaTrader and restart your computer after any updates are installed.
    • Disconnect and reconnect to your network
    • Disable your VPN service (if applicable)
    • Clear your DNS: Open the Command Prompt > run the command ipconfig /flushdns
    • Ensure that you have the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder on the list of exceptions for your firewall, antivirus, or backup programs and software
    • If possible, try running your computer directly to your router/modem using an ethernet cable, or vise versa, through a WiFi connection if already hard-wired in
    Please let me know if I may help you further.

Comment

Thank you. Will walk through the steps and follow up. should the issue persist.

LM

Comment

As an update:

I've walked through the listed possible solutions and nothing changed. Still unable to send mail via outlook.
        additionally, i uninstalled Windows update KB4023057, as it was installed on the 28th (when sending began to fail), in the event that it was relative. no change.

I've gone ahead and added a Gmail address to the "Share service" to resume my strategy email notifications but would love to return to outlook, at some point.

There's no immediate need for a solution but did want to update this post in the event that others start running into similar issues.
        Thanks,

LM

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        172 responses