A problem with Volumetric Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A problem with Volumetric Bars

Hello. On my Volumetric Bars chart, there is no info on the bar, as show as following picture. why?

Hello cuixiang,

Thank you very much for your post.

As Cryptocurrencies have significantly more ticks, displaying one as a volume chart requires additional settings.

One way to resolve this is by raising the "ticks per level", e.g. to 50. As each of these candles can have hundreds of ticks, NinjaTrader would not be able to resolve each tick individually due to a lack of resolution on the screen. This results in the bar appearing 'grey'.

With "ticks per level" set to 50, NinjaTrader would then draw one segment on the volumetric bar for each combined 50 ticks. With this setting, the volumetric chart would still show a significant amount of steps, but would now have enough space to display the actual volume:

Click image for larger version

Name:	50.png
Views:	286
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1188294

As this instrument trades across such a huge span, volumetric charts will always be spread out further than for e.g. Futures instruments.

Should you have further questions in this regard, please don't hesitate to let us know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I changed the "ticks per level". But now the numbers on the bars are so small and cannot be seen clearly. How can they be large as on your above picture? Thanks.

Comment

Hello cuixiang,

If you cannot yet see the numbers, you would have to raise the number further or zoom into the chart. The main reason the two candles appear as-is is due to how I've only displayed 2 1-minute candles.

Using a 10-minute volumetric chart with 600 ticks per level allowed me to chart a reasonable volumetric chart, please see the results below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	chart.png Views:	0 Size:	179.6 KB ID:	1188302

To receive this chart, I've used the following settings:

Click image for larger version  Name:	settings.png Views:	0 Size:	146.2 KB ID:	1188303

It is important to understand this would combine 600 price values into a single horizontal 'slice' of the candle. As Cryptocurrencies are traded in such small fractions, combining this amount of data would be the only way to be able to reasonably chart it.

Please let me know, should you have any further questions in this regard!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes