Playback not connecting/freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback not connecting/freezing

When I try to connect to playback, the small window with the dates stay gray and never completely loads.

If i try to disconnect the Playback connection, the whole ninjatrader freezes, forcing me to have to force close it from task manager.

Attached Files

Hello Ousher,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry?

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '3477238 - Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
      Hello Ousher,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry?

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '3477238 - Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.

I decided to do a fresh install of NT and it works correctly now.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, I'm having the same problem and can't seem to reach anyone via platformsupport. Can I send the trace filed to you as well?

Comment

I have been having these problems on and off. Last night I was getting Playback to connect and the playback dialog would come up but as soon as I set the Start date, the the dialog would just stayed grayed out. As per the advice on these forums by the CS staff, I started NT8 in Safe Mode and voila NT8 worked in playback mode. I then restarted NT8 in normal mode and the first time, NT8 playback mode worked as expected. I then stopped and restarted playback mode and again I started getting the hanging issue.
          I then removed ALL the indicators from the chart but the issue persisted.
          Finally I closed Ninjatrader 8, went to the Documents\Ninjatrader 8\db\cache and deleted all the files and directories. This seems to have cured the problem. My playback seemed to work fine last night and is still working this morning (its 10:58am here right now..). So seems to be some kind of bug/corruption in the db cache..

To sum up, try, closing NT8 and delete all the files in the Documents\Ninjatrader 8\db\cache directory and restart Ninjatrader. This is what worked for me.
          Last edited by iq200; 09-22-2022, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Hello All,

Thank you for your feedback here.

If you're having this issue and wish to speak with the support team the best way to reach us is to submit a new ticket through our new support center at: https://support.ninjatrader.com/, these requests go directly into our support system and can ensure that we receive your request without the issues with entering an incorrect email or the email failing to send.

Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes