Ninjatrader and interactive brokers chart is not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader and interactive brokers chart is not updating

Hello, so I was following guide to connect ninjatrader with interactive brokers. I was able to connect but then I get error you can see in image and chart is not moving and I can't send orders. How do I fix it?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Zrzut ekranu 2022-02-08 180812.png
Views:	256
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	1188975

Hello slow21,

Thank you for your post.

This message is an error that comes directly from the Interactive Brokers API. It indicates that you do not have the requisite market permissions for the Globex exchange to receive real-time data through the API. You will need to go into your market data subscription manager within your Interactive Brokers account and add this data. You may read more about managing your market data subscriptions from the publicly available guide at the link below;

Should you have any questions about what enablement you need to add specifically, please contact Interactive Brokers directly.

Lastly, please also make sure that you have followed our connection guide for Interactive Brokers and have all of the correct settings. The supported version of TWS will be required the Interactive Brokers connection to work properly for NinjaTrader, and it can be downloaded from the guide at the link below;

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
      Hello slow21,

Thank you for your post.

This message is an error that comes directly from the Interactive Brokers API. It indicates that you do not have the requisite market permissions for the Globex exchange to receive real-time data through the API. You will need to go into your market data subscription manager within your Interactive Brokers account and add this data. You may read more about managing your market data subscriptions from the publicly available guide at the link below;

Should you have any questions about what enablement you need to add specifically, please contact Interactive Brokers directly.

Lastly, please also make sure that you have followed our connection guide for Interactive Brokers and have all of the correct settings. The supported version of TWS will be required the Interactive Brokers connection to work properly for NinjaTrader, and it can be downloaded from the guide at the link below;

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide
      After logging in and going to account settings I see only this

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zrzut ekranu 2022-02-08 184533.png
Views:	251
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1188986

Attached Files

Comment

Hello slow21,

Thank you for your reply.

You will need to contact Interactive Brokers for additional assistance with this. Let them know that you are specifically trying to enable Globex data through the API. I wouldn't be able to give any further guidance on enabling data with Interactive Brokers since I don't have any insight into the ins and outs of their account management features.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
          Hello slow21,

You will need to contact Interactive Brokers for additional assistance with this. Let them know that you are specifically trying to enable Globex data through the API. I wouldn't be able to give any further guidance on enabling data with Interactive Brokers since I don't have any insight into the ins and outs of their account management features.
          Ok, thanks for help.

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_Zachary

I have a somewhat similar issue with TD Ameritrade live license in that the time base minute (1-m, 5-m, etc.) data is not updated with historical data on bar close. To get the correct data I need to reload historical data on every bar. I was told before that this has to do with TDA API. However, if I use range bars instead of minute bars there is no issue.

I was told that this is an expected behavior (See attached link). This is really unusual. Please note that this issue started only a few weeks ago and did not exist in past many years. Has the TDA API been changed recently? Is there a NinjaTrader connection guide for TDA? Any advise

Many Thanks.

Dear Support, I am using TD Ameritarde live data connection and bar Volume data is not updated on any time frame. To see the historical volume I frequently have to "Reload All Historical Data." See volume screen shots before and after "Reloading All Historical Data." This issue has been going on for

Comment

Hello aligator,

What you are experiencing is a distinct and unrelated issue to this one. TD Ameritrade and Interactive Brokers use different APIs, each with their own benefits and, in some cases, limitations. This user's charts weren't updating because he did not have the market data permissions from his provider, rather than as a limitation of the API.

In your case, the volume issue that you are describing in the other thread is well known to us and is due to the nature of how the TD Ameritrade API updates in snapshots, rather than on a truly tick-by-tick real-time basis. The snapshot that we receive comes in on a set interval and contains the tick sequence of that roughly 5 second period all in one little slice. However, that slice of information that is sent through the API only has the volume data up to the moment that that snapshot is sent. The complete volume information can only be loaded as historical data from their server by reloading the chart.

There have not been any changes to the TDA API with regard to this, and this behavior has been present with the TD Ameritrade connection since before I began working with NinjaTrader. Unfortunately, for the time being, this is expected when using that provider's data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Max238
              by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
              24 responses