Connect Tradovate account to NinjaTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect Tradovate account to NinjaTrader

As I know NinjaTrader acquired Tradovate. Is there any solution to execute Tradovate orders by NinjaTrader? How can I connect Tradovate account with NinjaTrader? Any plan from NinjaTrader to supports Tradovate in the future?

Thank you.

Hello excelxp,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums!

At the current time, it would not be possible to connect Tradovate and NinjaTrader.

While I can assure you that both teams are working closely together and we will have news in this regard in the future, we do not have anything we can make public just yet.

Please stay tuned!
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Manfred; 05-08-2022, 03:53 PM.
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I see the only way this time is to play around Tradovate API with NinjaScript.

Comment

Hello,

I'm wondering about the same thing.

If it's not currently possible - are there plans to make Tradovate available for Ninjatrader? I.e., an account with Tradovate connected to Ninjatrader?

One of the things I'm not happy about with Ninjatrader Brokerage is that there are no account statistics available on the Ninjatrader Portal. Quite frankly that was a big disappointment with Ninjatrader setting up their own brokerage in this day and age.

As I understand it, Tradovate have a fully electronic portal which generates rich statistics on your account data.

With Ninjatrader you have to generate your own using Excel. Very cumbersome.

Otherwise very happy with the brokerage.

Thanks in advance!

Johnny

Comment

Hello Johnny,

Thank you very much for your post.

Tradovate is already listed within our HelpGuide ( https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm ) and we are working on implementing a new Tradovate connection into the NinjaTrader platform.

Once this has been implemented, you may find it as part of our Release Notes linked below:

Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know!
          Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Is it now possible to open an account with Tradovate and use Ninjatrader for trading through that account?

I'll add that the main reason I want to have an account with Tradovate is that they have an electronic portal with comprehensive statistics/performance metrics as opposed to Ninjatrader which only offers PDF statements.

Thank you.

Johnny

Comment

Hello Johnny,

At this time, you can not use the NinjaTrader platform to trade an account with Tradovate. Our development teams are working on integrating Tradovate technology more with NinjaTrader. But at the current time, only Tradovate software can trade these accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
                Hello Johnny,

At this time, you can not use the NinjaTrader platform to trade an account with Tradovate. Our development teams are working on integrating Tradovate technology more with NinjaTrader. But at the current time, only Tradovate software can trade these accounts.
                Hi, CristopheD,

Thank you.

So, as I understand it, this is something that will be available then? Is it possible to give an approximate timeline on when? In a month? Within the year? Next year?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello Johnny,

We do not have a timeline for these development projects with Tradovate.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
                    Hello Johnny,

We do not have a timeline for these development projects with Tradovate.
                    Okay. Thank you.

I might simply register with and trade with Tradovate directly then.

They have online performance metrics and let you track your account performance. It’s a big factor for me as opposed to PDFs with NT Brokerage.

Comment

Any news on this?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello Johnny,

Thanks for your note.

As stated by my colleague NinjaTrader_ChristopherD, "We do not have a timeline for these development projects with Tradovate."

Once this has been implemented, you may find it as part of our Release Notes linked below:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
                        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any timeline on this? Seems to me this would be an easy thing for the programming team to bang out in a week or so, but there haven't been any updates to NT8 since April '22. Hoping it will be implemented soon, obviously there is high demand for this from us (your customers). Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Comment

Hello jorgehach3,

Thanks for your note.

We do not have any updates available at this time. Our development teams are working on integrating Tradovate technology more with NinjaTrader. Please note that this is not something that can "be programmed in a week or so" as there are many moving parts that must be developed and thoroughly tested before being publicly released.

Let me know if I may assist further.
                            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
                              Hello jorgehach3,

Thanks for your note.

We do not have any updates available at this time. Our development teams are working on integrating Tradovate technology more with NinjaTrader. Please note that this is not something that can "be programmed in a week or so" as there are many moving parts that must be developed and thoroughly tested before being publicly released.

Let me know if I may assist further.
                              Please add me ++1 for this.
                              I want to connect to Tradovate via Ninja and use the free commission plan (only $200/month).

Is there other way i can use this kind of a plan? other broker? Ninja Brokerage?
                              Thx.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes