Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to authorize TDAmeritrade for Live data connection

Hi Team,

I suddenly don't see an option to add TDAmeritrade on NT 8.025 did they remove the option to connect with TDAmeritrade?

I tried with older version and it takes me to NinjaTrader.com after authorization

Thanks,
    Avinash K N

Hello Avinashkn,

Thank you for your post.

The option hasn't been removed and should still be available in 8.0.25.0, so long as your license key is enabled for TD Ameritrade. If you are unsure what brokerage technologies are enabled on your key, please reach out to platformsales(at)ninjatrader(dot)com and they will be able to confirm.

With regard to being unable to authorize the connection, what operating system do you currently use on your PC? The TD Ameritrade API is currently incompatible with Windows 11 because it requires Internet Explorer to successfully authorize the connection.

I look forward to your response.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
      Hello Avinashkn,

Thank you for your post.

The option hasn't been removed and should still be available in 8.0.25.0, so long as your license key is enabled for TD Ameritrade. If you are unsure what brokerage technologies are enabled on your key, please reach out to platformsales(at)ninjatrader(dot)com and they will be able to confirm.

With regard to being unable to authorize the connection, what operating system do you currently use on your PC? The TD Ameritrade API is currently incompatible with Windows 11 because it requires Internet Explorer to successfully authorize the connection.

I look forward to your response.

Hi Zachary,

The license has access to MultiPlatform , Now I know what rellay happened. I was using windows 10 , Ninja trader was working well. Overnight it got upgraded to windows11.

With windows 11 , I am not able to Authorize

Thanks,
      Avinash K N

Comment

Any workarounds for this?

Thanks,
        Avinash K N

Comment

Hello Avinashkn,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, not at this time. Since it requires Internet Explorer, it is not compatible with Windows 11 currently and there is not a way to circumvent that IE 11 requirement. However, we are hoping to add support for Windows 11 for TD Ameritrade users in a future release of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjatrader_zachary View Post
            hello avinashkn,

thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, not at this time. Since it requires internet explorer, it is not compatible with windows 11 currently and there is not a way to circumvent that ie 11 requirement. However, we are hoping to add support for windows 11 for td ameritrade users in a future release of ninjatrader.
            hi when when when will you offer a patch/update for your customers that are on windows 11-said in another thread that issue has been addressed!!!
            What's the hold up?
            Why should customers have to wait for major update just patch the crap!!
            Last edited by sonia0101; 03-07-2022, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sonia0101 View Post

hi when when when will you offer a patch/update for your customers that are on windows 11-said in another thread that issue has been addressed!!!
              What's the hold up?
              Why should customers have to wait for major update just patch the crap!!
              Hello sonia101,

We do not have an ETA to offer at this time. When this is implemented, you will be able to see it on our release notes at the page below;

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post

Hello sonia101,

We do not have an ETA to offer at this time. When this is implemented, you will be able to see it on our release notes at the page below;

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                Hi Zach thanks but what would be better instead of your response is the TRUTH.
                As you may know or not it was already addressed in another thread where it was stated that NT has dealt with and fixed the issue but no one will see it until the next update. My response to that was just release a patch as NT has done countless times over the years.
                Back to my original point which is the TRUTH-If NT has fixed it but unwilling to release a Patch to fix then without getting all blahblahblah NT just doesn't give a crap about its customers.
                Windows 11 was officially released October 2021 it's now March 2022. NT knew about the issue before it was even mentioned. Your fix is DON'T update to win 11. Sorry but that's a we don't give a ....response
                Thanks
                Last edited by sonia0101; 03-09-2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment

what amazes me is that apparently every one that uses your platform is still on windows 10 otherwise there would many more chiming in about the issue--oh that's right maybe they already subscribe to Kinetic...ROFLMAO
                  No worries I am done kicking the dead horse and going to move on, many other options with MUCH better customer service.
                  Take care and I'm (by many surely happy) done!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post zstheorist  
                  Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rehmans