Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

About the connection between TradeStation and NinjaTrader.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the connection between TradeStation and NinjaTrader.

About the connection between TradeStation and IB Securities, when I referred to the following link before. I saw a statement that the transmission is made from the TradeStation side to NinjaTrader, does this mean that the connection can be made?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Support for TradeStation is very limited in NinjaTrader 8. It is only possible to send trade signals from TradeStation into NinjaTrader 8 using the E-Mail AT Interface. It is not possible to send trade signals from NinjaTrader 8 to TradeStation or, send or receive data.

You may read more about the limited TradeStation capabilities in NinjaTrader 8 here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ntegration.htm

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      Does that mean that I can't trade with TradeStation and NinjaTrader?

Comment

Hello,

You would not be able to connect to your TradeStation account or receive data from TradeStation in the traditional sense. You would only be able to send trade signals from your strategies in TradeStation into NinjaTrader using the Email Interface.

Comment

Hello.

Thank you for your reply too.

I was trying to connect TradeStation to NinjaTrader with a demo account, but does this mean that we are not connected, but using an email interface?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-02-18 030359.jpg
Views:	1468
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	1190635Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-02-18.jpg
Views:	1432
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1190636

I have also talked to TradeStation and they say that I can connect to NT8 with TDirect.dll, does that mean something different?

Comment

Hello,

The only TradeStation support we currently have in NinjaTrader 8 is the Email AT Interface, which can send trade signals from a strategy in TradeStation to an account in NinjaTrader. There would be no other supported mechanism for connecting the two. There may be some unsupported methods for doing so, but we wouldn't be able to provide guidance on this since it is beyond what we support.

With regard to configuring TradeStation to send orders into an account within NinjaTrader, you will need to follow the configuration steps from our Help Guide and also create a workspace that follows a very specific naming convention so that TradeStation knows which account to send the orders to. You may view an explanation of the workspace naming conventions along with examples at the link below;

Comment

Thank you very much.
              When you say "Set up TradeStation to send orders to an account within NinjaTrader", do the commissions accrue to NinjaTrader?

Comment

Hello,

Commissions are charged by your broker, not by NinjaTrader. In order to track your commission from your broker, you'd need to create an apply a commission template to the account within NinjaTrader. Please see the following publicly available NinjaTrader 8 help guide link on Working With Commission Templates:

Comment

Thank you for telling me about the fees.

I'm trying to follow the link you sent regarding configuring TradeStation to send orders to an account in NinjaTrader, but here is a link to the "Understanding Workspace Naming Convention Functions" section where it states that the account name

It says "Optionally, you can add the brokerage account name to the workspace name to identify the account to which NinjaTrader will route orders. If the account name is missing, NinjaTrader will route orders to the default account (to set the default account from NinjaTrader, left click on the Tools menu, select the menu name Options, left click on the ATI tab, and select General). Left click on the ATI tab and select the General tab). The account name must be specified as "Account = YourAccount" (without quotes). YourAccount" is the name/number of the intermediary account. Are you sure you are referring to this (attached)?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

If you are just trying to set and use the Default Account, you can set the default account from the area that I've outlined in my screenshot at the link below;

You would then name your workspace simply NinjaTrader within TradeStation.

If you are trying to route orders to an account other than the default account, then you would want to include the account name in the title of your workspace within TradeStation. For example, if I wanted to route orders to an account called Sim102, I would name my workspace as follows;

NinjaTrader;Account=SIm102

Comment

Thank you too.

I've tried (attached), is this correct?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

It looks to be configured correctly to me. Is it not sending the orders from your strategy to the Sim101 account?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

I believe I am sending orders from my strategy to my Sim101 account, in which case, do you mean that these are placing orders to my NinjaTrader account?

Attached below are the results of my verification.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

From the screenshots that you shared, it looks like you have set everything up correctly and the orders are coming into the Sim101 account as expected. Please note that the Sim101 account only exists locally on your PC and is used for simulated trading. We do not have any way to 'see' these orders outside of the information that you are providing in screenshots.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
                              When I place an order from TradeStation, the balance of my TradeStation demo account account seems to be reduced by the amount of the transaction, but I thought it reflected my NinjaTrader demo account, is that not the case?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby