Attach to Indicator - Exits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attach to Indicator - Exits

Is it possible to have your trade exit based on an indicator - say ma cross or close below lower Bollinger Band - if the trade was entered with chart trader?

I would have liked to exited today's ES 2:00 pm run up based on a close below the 9 ma or some other indicator.

My exits, once in the trade, are hardly objective.

I am trying to remove myself from the process as much as possible.

Moving my stop to break even and turning off the monitor is the best I have come up with so far, and I'm thinking there must be a better way - trailing stop ATM strategies aside.

Thank You.

Hello bob999,

Thank you for the question!

It sounds like you are wanting to use the "Attach to Indicator" order feature.
    • This allows you attach any Order that is waiting to fill to an indicator and have it automatically moved when the Indicator moves.

For example, if you placed a Buy Market Order with an ATM Strategy attached, once this fills, it would place the Stop Target and Profit Target the designated Number of ticks away
    • After the Targets are placed, you could right-click on the Stop Target's order tile > Hover over the order information > Attach to indicator > Properties > Select the desired indicator and which part of it you want to attach the order to > Once you click OK it will automatically move the order to the designated position.
    Please see the following publicly available video and help guide link for more information on Attaching Order to Indicators:
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It worked! Excellent support as usual.

Thank You

Comment

Is there a way to set this to a particular indicator with a button or hot keys?

Comment

Hello the matador,

Thanks for your post.

There are no options available for using the "Attach to Indicator" order feature with the click of a button or Hot Keys.

We are tracking interest for this in an existing internal feature request ticket and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2386.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
          1 response