Scale out of ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale out of ATM

Hello, I would like to scale out of a position using my atm. Any help would be much appreciated. My parameters are below:

Contracts traded: 3
    Profit target: 64
    Stop loss: 16
    What I'd like the ATM to do:

1)After 4 ticks sell one contract
    2)after 10 ticks move stop loss up to +2 ticks in profit
    3)After 15 ticks sell one contract
    4)After 21 ticks move stop loss to +15 ticks

I included a pic of my current setup. I just need help scaling out like that automatically.

Thanks!

Hello Aadejimi89,

Thank you for the message.

Please see the following screenshot for an ATM Strategy that performs as you desire:
    • Click image for larger version

Name:	LT208a.png
Views:	394
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1190327
    The way this will work is when the ATM Strategy is triggered, It will place 3 Stop targets at 16 ticks away from the Entry Price. It will also put a Profit Target 4, 15, and 64 Ticks away from the Entry Price.

After 4 Ticks in your favor, the First Target will be hit filling Target 1.
    After 10 Ticks in your favor, the Auto breakeven will activate on Target 2 and 3 and move the Stop Loss to + 2 ticks from Breakeven.
    After 15 Ticks in your favor, Target 2 will be hit filling target 2.
    After 21 Ticks in your favor, Step 1 of the Auto Trail will move the Stop loss to be 6 Ticks behind that point leaving it at +15 Ticks from Breakeven. The frequency is set to 9999 so that it would take another 9999 ticks in your favor before it would move the Stop target again. This results in it only being moved the one time.
    After 64 Ticks in your favor, Target 4 will be hit filling Target 3

If you have not already, please follow along with the following publicly available videos and educational materials for a full tutorial on setting up and using ATM Strategies:
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
      Hello Aadejimi89,

Thank you for the message.

Please see the following screenshot for an ATM Strategy that performs as you desire:
      • Click image for larger version

Name:	LT208a.png
Views:	394
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1190327
      The way this will work is when the ATM Strategy is triggered, It will place 3 Stop targets at 16 ticks away from the Entry Price. It will also put a Profit Target 4, 15, and 64 Ticks away from the Entry Price.

After 4 Ticks in your favor, the First Target will be hit filling Target 1.
      After 10 Ticks in your favor, the Auto breakeven will activate on Target 2 and 3 and move the Stop Loss to + 2 ticks from Breakeven.
      After 15 Ticks in your favor, Target 2 will be hit filling target 2.
      After 21 Ticks in your favor, Step 1 of the Auto Trail will move the Stop loss to be 6 Ticks behind that point leaving it at +15 Ticks from Breakeven. The frequency is set to 9999 so that it would take another 9999 ticks in your favor before it would move the Stop target again. This results in it only being moved the one time.
      After 64 Ticks in your favor, Target 4 will be hit filling Target 3

If you have not already, please follow along with the following publicly available videos and educational materials for a full tutorial on setting up and using ATM Strategies:
      Hi Clayton,

Could you please post/share your above sample ATM as a template so that we can just put it in the appropriate NT8 ... /templates/AtmStrategy folder.

Regards.

omololu

Comment

Hello omololu,

Thank you for the follow-up question.

Providing Templates for users is outside the scope of our support.

Just click the ATM Strategy Drop-down menu > Custom > Copy all of the settings you see in the Screenshot above > Save as Template so you can give it a name and use it across the different windows in the platform.

If you are having trouble copying the screenshot above into your own platform, please let us know what steps you need further information and details on.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
        8 responses
        1 like
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes