Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Possible to modify the toolbar in Chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to modify the toolbar in Chart?

Hi all.

The Help says nothing about modifying the Chart toolbar. Is it possible to do this? I'd like to re-organize it to display my most-often-used tools in narrow windows.

Thanks.

Hello M_ichel,

Are you referring to drawing tools? If so this cannot be added by default to the toolbar however you can apply an indicator to your chart to access tools quickly.

To apply this to your chart right click in your chart->Indicators->Select Drawing tool tile->Click add->Expand the Drawing tools section on the right->Enable the items you want visible then click Ok.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

@ChristopherJ: No. I mean the Chart's toolbar, the one at the top:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Toolbar.PNG
Views:	367
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1190603
      In some of my workspaces I use fairly narrow windows. As a result, the icon for ChartTrader is not visible; I have to click on the dropdown arrow, then select CharTrader. etc, etc.

What I'd like to do is move the ChartTrader's icon to the left, say before the "Zoom In" icon, so that ChartTrader would be more accessible.

(By the way, in NinjaTrader 7, CharTrader was WAY MORE ACCESSIBLE, having an icon right at the top of the chart. I'll put in a suggestion, separately for this later).

In the mean time, is it possible to customize the toolbar?

Thanks.

Comment

This is not possible by default in NinjaTrader and would require custom programming. Are you yourself familiar with coding? If so I can forward your information to our NinjaScript and have someone follow up with additional information.

If you are not familiar with coding would you be interested in information on consultants that can code this project for you?
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

@ChristopherJ: Hi. I can code, no problem. (But I would have preferred that NinjaTrader do it for me! ;-)

Please do send me additional info on how I could handle this.

If it's not too much work, I might do it.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello M_ichel,

Thanks for your note.

This is likely possible using custom programming, however, it is not supported. We do not have any documented or supported reference samples for modifying existing buttons in the Chart Toolbar.

That said, we do have a reference sample that demonstrates interacting with the toolbar to add buttons. See the reference samples created by my colleague Chelsea in this forum thread: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...considerations

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. If you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request, please contact vendorsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com.

Let us know if we may assist further.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ghoul
              by ghoul