Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

orderflow volume profile compressed

Hello,

my volume profile always looks like this :-) compressed.... anybody know the reason for that? I am connected to coinbase and the symbol is BTCUSD...THX

Hello funkyfunk,

Thank you for your post.

I'd be happy to assist! Unfortunately, the image you attached is not available for me to view. Please try to reattach it to your response so that I can get a look at what you are referring to.

I look forward to your response.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

better?

THX
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello funkyfunk,

Thank you for your response.

Absolutely, thank you. I would expect that the Order Flow tools won't work as well as they typically would with some of the other asset classes due to the decentralized nature of cryptos and the volatility of the markets. There are a huge number of ticks occurring and the volume information is partial (kind of like with forex, cryptos are not centralized so there is no centralized reporting for volume). Especially on a Daily interval, the information is very granular and resulting the 'compressed' look that you see here. You may be able to adjust the 'Ticks per Level' setting to change the granularity. You may want to also try using one of the different Profile Periods, such as the Bars setting or adjusting the number of sessions included.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.

Comment

Hi,
          sorry I have to aks again. Now I am on NT Continuum data and have the symbol SI for example (same with other symbols). The composite orderflow volume profile looks good. when I go to daily chart and want a volume profile for each bar, I get the compressed profiles again. See Pics. Any ideas what the problem could be?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello funkyfunk,

Thank you for your reply.

I would suggest trying to reload the Order Flow Volume Profile by right-clicking and selecting 'Reload NinjaScript'. If that does not work, please right-click on the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data' as well. To me, it seems that maybe it is not loading fully on your end. When I open an SI 05-22 chart using NinjaTrader Continuum and add a Volume Profile with the same settings, I do not see the same result. I have a profile visible for each bar so I know that it should be working and isn't a matter of the data or settings. See the attached images.

Please let me know if you continue to experience this issue after reloading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
            2 responses
            1 like
            Last Post BarzTrading  
            Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes