Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert to Custom Indicator Plots

Hi,

I have a proprietary custom indicator that plots setups on a chart. It has (among other values) values related to the setups that can be seen in the Data Box for LEntry, LTarget, LStop for long setups and same for short setups with SEntry, STarget & SStop. As you roll around the chart, these values are all n/a except on the bars with a setup plotted. On those bars with a setup plotted, only the values related to the direction of a setup have values and the others remain n/a.

I am trying to set up an alert to play a sound when either of these plot on the chart. I tried setting a comparison of the plot values of the xEntry to the xTarget. For a long setup alert I'm comparing { LEntry < LTarget } which would always be the case. The opposite for a short setup alert... { SEntry > STarget }.

This doesn't seem to work at all... I get nothing.

I went the xEntry to xTarget comparison route after first trying to compare the xEntry values > 0, which also did not work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hello GrumpyDude,

Thank you for writing in.

You can always set up an Alert using a Default NinjaTrader indicator like an EMA crossing above or below a Horizontal line to make sure the Alerts are working as expected.

As well, with NinjaTrader Alerts, it is not possible to create an Alert that would trigger when something is plotted onto the chart that was not there before since there is no way to reference the object for the Alert until it is created.
    • You would have to create an Alert that has the exact same logic that is used to draw the objects on the chart in the first place and have it Trigger an Alert
    • Since we have no documentation on how the NinjaScript decides to draw objects, you would need to ask the Developer for more information on setting this up

Since you are using a proprietary custom indicator, we have no documentation on how this NinjaScript is programmed to work, what it does, and what kind of variables and values are able to be connected to for an Alert.
    • Please reach out to the developers of this 3rd party NinjaScript add-on and ask them how to access specific variables so that you can set up an Alert with their Indicator as desired.
    • Since the kind of Alert you are describing is not really possible with the base Alert functions of the platform, I suggest asking the Developer if they can code in an Alert function that gives the ability to play a specific sound when a specific thing is drawn on the chart directly into the NinjaScript

For more information on setting up and using Alerts in NinjaTrader, please follow along with the publicly available videos and resources below:
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
    16 responses
    0 likes