Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Issues connecting to live feed(Failed to resolve instrument for market data)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues connecting to live feed(Failed to resolve instrument for market data)

Hello,
    I'm having issues with the market data. I have NinjaTrader Brokerage Account and Ninja Trader Continuum.

I'm getting the following every time I try to load a chart:
    Failed to resolve instrument for market data: F.US.M6E.Z21 could not be resolved.
    And this is for everything - indexes, stocks, currency.

However, If I use extension and external feed all is okay. For example if I use third-party extension to connect to exchange all is okay. For example i'm using third-party extension to connect to some crypto exchanges and it works very well. However, with Ninja Trader Continuum nothing happens.

Can you assist me and help me identify the issue. I have tried repairing and restoring the database. It did not help. I have also exported the logs in a file and can show it to you.

Hello Miro19,

Thank you very much for your post.

The "M6E.Z21" would indicate you are attempting to chart the M6E 12-21 contract. However, as this contract is no longer being traded it does not receive real-time data, which then causes this error message.

To resolve this, please restart NinjaTrader and confirm the "Rollover Notification" that appears. This would then bring the contract to the current front month, allowing it to receive real-time and historical data.

Alternatively, you may also follow the steps below to perform a manual rollover:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window.
    • Left-click the ‘Rollover’ button that appears just below the table under the ‘Rollover futures instruments’ section.
    • Close this window when this process completes.
    You can learn more about the different ways to rollover by visiting the link below:To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.Please let us know if we may be of further assistance!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ahh, yess. The Rollover option fixed it. I'm opening the indexes okay now.

Just one more question - I cannot open any Forex market. Is it because of my data feed? I mean does in include this? Do NinjaTrader Brokerage allows these types of markets? I'm not planing to trade Forex but just want to be sure.

Thanks once again.

Comment

What I mean is Chart -> Forex -> Pair.

This is not opening.

The futures are opening okay now after the Rollover.

Comment

Hello Miro19,

I'm glad to hear the rollover resolved this!

Regarding the Forex market; The NinjaTrader Brokerage is a Futures brokerage and would not supply Forex data. However, you have various options to get this data into the platform if you do not plan to trade Forex.

One way would be to sign up for any of our supported datafeed providers, e.g. Kinetick. As long as a provider supplies Forex data, the platform would then be able to display it. For a full list of providers, please take a look at the chart below:

If you have not yet requested a free demo account, you may also request a 30-day Forex demo at the link below:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

This trial can be extended by an additional 30 days once per calendar year, granting you 60 days of free Forex data.

Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know!
          Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Mikey_, 03-23-2024, 05:59 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Sam2515
          by Sam2515

Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
          7 responses