Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to copy my colleague entire workspace including Historical Data to my Workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to copy my colleague entire workspace including Historical Data to my Workspace

Hello,
    I want to run BackTest on my Ninja Trader and would like to have the identical environment as my colleague, i.e. the Workspace, the Historical Data, etc.

1) Do I use the backup tool in Control Center -> Tools -> Export -> Backup File? (see attachment Export.jpg)
    2) How do I "restore" the entire workspace to my Ninja Trader? Is it Control Center->Tools->Import->Backup File? Do I need to do anything else before or after? (see attachment Import.jpg)
    3) If I only need to "copy" the Historical Data, do I do Control Center->Tools->Export->Historical Data and then import to my Workspace with Control Center->Tools->Import->Historical Data?

Thanks,
    Ben. (lorien)
    Attached Files

Hello Ben,

Thank you very much for your post,

When you create a backup, you may select which features you would like to include. If you only wish to transfer the workspace and historical chart data, you may indeed do this by selecting the "Historical chart data" and "Workspaces" checkboxes after clicking on Tools > Export > Backup file.

During the import (Tools > Import > Backup file), you also have the option to specify which parts you would like to import. If you e.g. deselect the "Workspaces" option during the import, your existing workspace would not be affected.

It is only important to understand that any option you select would overwrite all existing data. This means if you e.g. select "Workspaces", your existing workspaces would be replaced with the ones in the backup file.

The only other options you might want to consider including in the backup are Templates (if you have saved backtest templates), NinjaScript files (if the strategy is a NinjaScript strategy), and Market Replay (if you plan to use market replay instead of historical data).

If in doubt, I would suggest creating a backup on the target platform first. This would then allow you to reverse any changes you make thereafter.

Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let us know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your detailed explanation Manfred!
      --
      Ben.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses