Cross Trading the Micros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross Trading the Micros

Last fall I switched to using MotiveWave which has a very simple, performant, mistake free way to chart the e-minis but trade the micros, so I'm not up to date on what's happened with NT since then. What is the current recommended solution for charting ES/NQ but trading MES/MNQ?

Thanks
    Nick

Hello,

Is there a particular order entry window you are looking to use? The simplest way would be to open a chart of the ES and a superdom or other order entry window set to the MES instrument to place trades to.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chart trader.

Comment

Hello,
        If looking to use chart trader you would need to create an MES chart, then add a second ES data series to the chart and set the MES data series to 'transparent'.

Once you've added the ES data series to the MES chart, set the 'panel' option of ES data series to 1, and the 'chart style' of the MES data series to 'line on close'. You can then set the color of the line on close style to 'transparent to have this data series be invisible, leaving only the ES data displaying.

This will mean trades made from chart trader will route to the MES instrument while showing only data on the ES.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unless I'm doing something wrong, this way still sucks. The instrument selector resets to ES every time I switch tabs.

It's been almost three years since micros launched. It's hard to believe there isn't a better way to do this yet in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Fast forward to mid 2023 and this is still a missing feature in NT8. Quantower and Motivewave both have super easy one click options in their chart traders to route the orders to MES from an ES chart. It's really sad how little effort the NT devs seem to put into adding useful features that are standard in other platforms.

Comment

There's addons like Replikanto that you can use for cross order between minis and micros, or vice versa.

Comment

Yeah, it's not as simple as some other programs but now that NinjaTrader has fixed the instrument selector from switching automatically whenever you change tabs, the solution provided by Ryan above has been working well enough for me.

Chart the main instrument however you wish, then add a secondary data series for the micros as "line on close" with a transparent color, on the same panel as the main instrument. If you save your workspaces, you'll only have to do this once.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno