Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the Color of the PnL in the Basic Order Window

Hi.

The PnL is shown between the BE-button and the Close-button in the Basic Order Entry Window. I find it very hard to read the PnL when I am in the red due to the combinatiuon of backgroundcolor and foregroundcolor.

Almost every other part of the window can be customized, but I can not se how to change the colors for the PnL. Is there any way to do this? I am willing to write a script if necessary, but I need to be pointed in the right direction.

Can anyone help please?

Hello Bardmannseth,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This color cannot be changed within the UI of NinjaTrader. It is programmed within the skin that you have applied to the platform. In order to alter the color of the PnL display when showing a loss, you will need to edit the code of the skin. Skins are located on your PC at C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Skins. From there, you will select the folder of the skin that you have applied (Light, Dark, Slate Grey, Slate Light, Slate Dark). After navigating to the folder of the skin you have applied, you will want to open the BluePrint.xaml file in a text editor. You want to locate the following section in the BluePrint.xaml file (you can do these by selecting CTRL+F and searching for either PnL or Profit):

Code:
    <!-- Background colors for Flat, Long, or Short positions for the Position Display in order-entry windows --> <SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="FlatBackground" Color="Black"/> <SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="LongBackground" Color="#FF00D409"/> <SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="ShortBackground" Color="#FFb70000"/> <SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="PositionTextBlockBrush" Color="White" /> <SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="PositionTextBlockProfitBrush" Color="LimeGreen" /> <SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="PositionTextBlockLossBrush" Color="Red" />
    The 'PositionTextBlockLossBrush' Color property will determine the color of the text displayed when your position is in the red. If you change this color at all, make sure to save the change to the .xaml document and restart NinjaTrader for the change to apply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Max238
    by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
    24 responses