Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close Individual Contract with Hot Keys

Hello,
    Is there a way I can close individual contract orders after entering with multiple contracts with hot keys *without* closing the entire position? All of the hot keys I've tried in the Hot Keys section seem to close my position entirely.

For example, my hope is to be able to:
    Buy 3 contracts with a bracketed ATM Strategy and use a hot key to sell individual contracts as I see fit.

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I haven't been able to find any specifics in my research.

Hello majin_bo,

Thank you for your inquiry.

It wouldn't be possible with using the 'Close' hot key, as this is designed to close the entire position. However, you could set a hot key to buy/sell at market. When doing that, you can manually change the 'Qty' field on your order entry window to 1 and use your buy/sell market hot key to scale out by 1 contract at a time.

In the video demonstration that I've created, I made an ATM Strategy that has 3 contracts and entered into a short position using the Sell Market button. I've also programmed at Buy Market hot key using CTRL+SHIFT+P. Once I've entered into my short position of three, I manually change the 'Order qty' on Chart Trader to 1 and am able to scale out by one contract at a time by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+P. You may view the demonstration at the link below;

More information about Order Entry Hot Keys may be found at the link below;

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
      Hello majin_bo,

Thank you for your inquiry.

It wouldn't be possible with using the 'Close' hot key, as this is designed to close the entire position. However, you could set a hot key to buy/sell at market. When doing that, you can manually change the 'Qty' field on your order entry window to 1 and use your buy/sell market hot key to scale out by 1 contract at a time.

In the video demonstration that I've created, I made an ATM Strategy that has 3 contracts and entered into a short position using the Sell Market button. I've also programmed at Buy Market hot key using CTRL+SHIFT+P. Once I've entered into my short position of three, I manually change the 'Order qty' on Chart Trader to 1 and am able to scale out by one contract at a time by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+P. You may view the demonstration at the link below;

More information about Order Entry Hot Keys may be found at the link below;

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...edOrderActions
      Understood - thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Rapine Heihei  
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:01 PM