Chart Trader and Chart interaction becomes frozen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader and Chart interaction becomes frozen

So I have a multi-chart set of the same instrument after NT8 has been running for awhile during high vix days, my 1 tick chart continues to plot price and my indicaters continue to work. However my Chart Trader and Chart menu (right click) become frozen. On a higher tick chart everything is still working fine. So far the only solution I have is a restart of NT8. Is there a cache or something that I can clear that would fix the issue?

Hello Itachi,

Thank you for your message.

You may clear old historical and cache data by doing the following:
    • Shut down NinjaTrader 8
    • Go to the 'Documents/NinjaTrader 8/db' folder on your computer
    • Remove the files within the 'cache', 'day', 'minute', and 'tick' folders
    • Important: Do not remove any other files within the NinjaTrader 8 Documents folder
    When you restart NinjaTrader 8, you may notice a slightly longer initial load time as all historical data on your charts is re-downloaded, but your overall performance should be better.

If you continue to experience freezing, first, I highly recommend going through our Performance Tips, which outline all the best methods for reliable performance from NinjaTrader on any computer.

Be sure to install all available updates for your PC from the Windows Settings > Update and Security page as well. Manually check for updates here, and reboot your PC after any are installed.

If you are using any 3rd-party add-ons, please keep in mind that we do not control how well they will perform and that the more you ask of NinjaTrader to load on your charts, the more it pushes your PC which may result in freezing or lagging behavior. Numerous Tick Charts can be very intensive on your computer, especially during periods of high volatility as well.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post chbruno
    by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
    6 responses