My NT is slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My NT is slow

Hi, I am observing slowness in my NT. When I checked the Ninjascript utilization Monitor, Custom Trend Channel is taking more time. I am wondering why drawing object has to take more time ? In this Custom Trend Channel, I have just added additional menu item on right click by modifying NT's Trend Channel.

Also please let me know how to allocate more memory to NT. Mine is 32GB laptop, but it is utilizing only ~1.5 GB.

Attached Files

Hello nandhumca,

Thank you for writing in.

I would like to confirm, is this "Solzz Trend Channel" indicator one that you made yourself or is it one you got from someone else or a 3rd party developer?

In regard to the RAM, there is no way to specify within NinjaTrader how the computer handles utilizing RAM.
    • As the NinjaTrader platform needs to use more RAM, it will be allocated automatically as needed by the computer
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I created that "Solzz Trend Channel" by modifying NinjaTrader Trend Channel.

Comment

Hi nandhumca, thanks for posting.

As a test, make a new workspace and use the custom drawing tool as many times as the old workspace and also use the Trend Channel drawing tool that comes with the platform, If you get the same performance issues then the problem does stem from the custom trend channel. We unfortunately will not be able to profile performance or debug the custom script. What would need to be done is methodically reduce the custom drawing tool and re-test to check the performance. For example, remove any custom part that you have added and test the performance. If there is no performance issue then the new code is causing it. You can make a copy of the script so you do not have to change the original. Right-click the code and select Save As and give it a different name.

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM