Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Incorrect Instrument Data on US/UK Crude Oil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect Instrument Data on US/UK Crude Oil.

Hi There,

just wanted to report that Ninjatrader's instrument data for UKCRUDEOIL and USCRUDEOIL CFDs on Forex.com is incorrect.

In both cases the TickSize is actually supposed to be 0.1 (Presently set to 1 for UK Crude Oil and 0.01 on US Crude Oil)
    And in both cases the point value is supposed to be 1 (Correct for US Crude Oil, but currently incorrectly set to 10 for UK Crude Oil)

Forex.com uses a strange pricing method for oil, whereby the price is currently presented as 11055.4 - in which the whole number represents the market price in cents and the fractional part is 1-tenth of a cent.

I've attached a screenshot of an order window from Forex.com's own platform which clearly shows the fractional part of the price as 0.1 tick. And a trade trade with a 1 point stop and target showing an expected PNL value of $1.00 per contract.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2022-03-02_131839.png Views:	0 Size:	25.8 KB ID:	1192058

Hello kevinenergy,

Thank you for the note.

We are NinjaTrader Platform Support and do not have documentation on other platforms and how they display their information. You would need to reach out to Forex.com for more information on how and why they display an instrument in a specific way.

Please see the following link for more information on working with Forex within NinjaTrader:
    If the Tick Size and Point Value are not showing as desired within your NinjaTrader platform, you are welcome to change them.
    • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments
    • Search for the instruments in question
    • Double-click the appropriate result
    • Set the Tick Size and Point Value as desired > Click OK
    Please see the following link for more information on editing an Instrument's settings:
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Clayton.

My comment about Forex.com's strange display of oil prices was just a passing comment, I don't expect you to do anything about that. However the incorrect tick and point value data is Ninjatrader's responsibility: I am providing you with the correct information. I have reported these instrument data errors MANY times.

The usual procedure is to report it to your team who deals with this on the server end. A day later I usually get a message via the platform saying that the data for the instrument has changed and I need to accept a server update in order to continue trading.

TickSize and Point Value are important pieces of data. It is used by your users for calculating risk and position sizes. And also by the platform internally. The TickSize is used by the chart to print prices to the nearest Tick and currently the bars on UKCRUDEOIL are being rounded up or down and not displaying correct prices.

These are important data and they need to be correct. I have already corrected the error on my platform but they need to be updated at your end as per normal process. Please report my correction to the relevant team and have the data corrected.
      Last edited by kevinenergy; 03-03-2022, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Hi Clayton, could I get an update on this please?

I'd also like to report the incorrect TickSize data on UK100 CFDs. Which should be 0.1. You can validate this on CityIndex's own trading platform or other platforms like TradingView.

Previously these instrument data errors have been pretty quick to be resolved at your end and get pushed out to the platform as an instrument data update within a day or so. I have reported these errors numerous times.

I have made the corrections on my end, but would like to be assured they are corrected centrally should I need to reinstall - and also for the benefit of other users.

I'm a bit concerned that Forex.com problems are not being taken seriously within your team. If you could also update me on the Daily bars problem also I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Comment

Hello kevinenergy,

Thank you for your patience.

I wanted to verify some information with the development team before responding.

When it comes to the Tick Size and Point Value of a CFD, it varies by Broker.
          CFDs are not traded through a Centralized exchange so their setup can vary between Brokers.
          • So, a user connected to a different broker could need to use a different Tick Size and Point value than what you are currently using

Since the only connection that is pre-mapped to UK Crude Oil and US Crude Oil is Forex.com, we have updated the Tick Size and Point Value to reflect the values from Forex.com

For the UK100, this has multiple mappings by default and is using the Values for an FXCM connection. If the Tick Size and Point Value for this instrument are not lining up with the values at Forex.com, you will need to update them manually on your computer locally.
          Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for following up on this Clayton, I received the server updates on my platform. And I fully understand about the UK100 issue. I've corrected this locally, but I don't think an extra decimal place would cause any issues anyway.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Taddypole